What's new

chest pain from vaing

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm feeling better today. i'm using the vladdin pods with e-juice mg (sweet tobacco). yes i vape like smoking the same way. please if you can suggest anything to help me. i don't want to get back to cigarette. thanks

Just to be a complete H&S person, if you have chest pains, don't phone the doctor, phone 999.
Phoning the surgery will be met by 40 questions from a receptionist, who is trying to prioritise all of the calls.
Chest pains = Ambulance.

Very important to get medical advice..
Very important to use good vape kit and liquid after all quitting smoking will save you a fortune so spend some on good quality vaping equipment and liquid..
Very important to vape correct amount of nicotine 3/6/12/18mg etc in your eliquid/pods to help with the quitting and limit side effects of non smoking.
Ask questions here and get as much advice as possible..

thanks guys for your support. in fact i reduced vaping these 2 days to see the result. in fact i am using the vladdin pods with liqua-sweet tobacco e-juice. but today i ordered the ripe vapes-strawberry creme brule to see if it works better then then the sweet tobacco.
By the way how many days it took you to get used to Vape.

On the other hand i went to a doctor today cause i was afraid from a heart attack or something . he took my blood pressure and everything was fine.

1stly glad you went to the docs and got checked.

What's the ratio of the juice your using? could be a PG intolerance.

Just to be a complete H&S person, if you have chest pains, don't phone the doctor, phone 999.
Phoning the surgery will be met by 40 questions from a receptionist, who is trying to prioritise all of the calls.
Chest pains = Ambulance.

I totally agree,

If you have chest pains along with heart rate change, call for an ambulance.
My husband has had 2 heart attacks now and second one the ambulance techs didn't even think he was having a heart attack! Because the EKG said he wasn't having one and he was very lethargic, they accused him of taking street drugs!! I tore them a new asshole later on!! We don't use street drugs!! Not only did it turn out hubby was having a heart attack, he had 100% blockages and had a quadruple bypass.
His first heart attack he had stents placed in. He didn't go the night he had his heart attack, he thought maybe it's heart burn....

I took him 2 days later his chest was hurting again.
Nothing to mess with TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!!

1stly glad you went to the docs and got checked.

What's the ratio of the juice your using? could be a PG intolerance.

I second this, glad you went and got checked. As I’ve already said I have problems with PG and when I started vaping, like you, after a couple of days I felt like I’d been punched between the shoulders. Just to clarify this: in eliquid there are two base fluids that flavourings and nicotine are added to, these fluids are PG and VG, they’re combined in different ratios to create different effects in the eliquids, I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong here, but in pods I think there’s normally a higher ratio of PG to VG. Id really recommend trying a different liquid, one with a high VG content, when I did I felt the difference in a matter of hours, it was a massive relief. Sorry if you know all about PG/VG already, thought it was just worth stating as you’ve not been vaping long

Well that might be too low for a smoker giving up the fags on 3mg of nicotine
so you could have been going a bit nutz trying to get your fag fix nic hit

Usually 12mg min upwards (I used 16mg to quit)
on NORMAL JUICE/TANKS - dunno about the pod systems
But I know FA about pods n stuff - but think you could be a bit low on nic and vaping more.....

Normally a higher nic on a pen stick you would take some puffs, get your calming fix
put it down for 30-45 mins then need a few more drags to sooth the next craving etc...
(mtl or smoking/vaping like a fag)

They seem to do it 18mg.....

https://vapourtown.com/shop/vladdin-starter-kit-with-prefilled-18mg-ml/

BUT can't find much info about it & know nowt about this stuff tbh
I think if you are on 3mg nicotine that could a bit low and you vaping more to get ya fix
which in turn is causing you grief to adjust to vaping

Hopefully the pods can be refilled with a slightly higher nic to reduce your puffs
but not an expert so hopefully somebody else can help more or a shop that sells/stocks these kits maybe

But go easy and keep an eye on yourself, failing that if you find little support for this system you might need
to consider changing or introducing a more conventional or better supported vape kit
But you have been off the fags for a while - two weeks or so, that is the main hurdle getting past two weeks
so you know you can do it, so if you have get a slightly more supported setup then you know already
you should be able to stay off the fags as you have done so well so far

soz I can't help much more, but you are doing great and you are keeping an eye on your progress
and more importantly your health & well being - well done from all of us, just a bit of tweaking and you will be 100% sorted

I went through a couple of mouths of feeling a bit sick from hitting the vape too often(on 18mg juice) and getting some chest pains, but then i was having that issue frequently from smoking(one of the main driving factors to quit), all my issues subsided and went away after a month or two and only continued to improve thereafter. I still have chest issues (have a feeling my smoking has done permenant damage, it is what it is) but i'm worlds away from how i felt smoking, there was a definitive adjustment period for the first couple of months though, at times i wondered if i was helping myself, but i just kept going and things only got better.

By no means am i saying just ride it out, if you feel like your health is at risk(or making you feel on edge), see a doctor.

In hindsight, i feel the PG does me in that bit more and i've no reason to think i'm in anyway allergic to it(i spent close to a good year vaping PG heavy liquids and still use some now), but i've found my issues overall have lessened(which could also be a natural consequence of improved health) since using the VG heavier liquids regularly.

Last edited:
When I stopped smoking I went straight onto vape without cutting down on cigs first and it did take a few weeks for my body to adjust, but as others have said if your chest hurts, getting that checked out is Priority One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom