What's new

Best way to try multiple DIY flavours without rewicking?

paradilly

Initiate
Hi All,

Is there anything I can get which will allow me to test multiple different flavours without the need to rewick everytime?

I have an RDA but its a pain to rewick it each time. Is there anything I can buy where I can just test, then burn dry and repeat?

Thanks very much for any responses!

Unless the flavours are outrageously strong or different in comparison to each other, I just drip one vape it until the wick needs to be redripped then repaint the wick with the new flavour - the old flavour should have disappeared within a few toots of the new.

Hi All,

Is there anything I can get which will allow me to test multiple different flavours without the need to rewick everytime?

I have an RDA but its a pain to rewick it each time. Is there anything I can buy where I can just test, then burn dry and repeat?

Use TC and vape it dry

Hi All,

You're not going to want to dry burn cotton lol, fairly obvious what the result of that will be ;).

Which RDA do you have?? Why is it a pain to quickly whip the wicks out and put some fresh in lol??? Takes literally 2 mins on most of my RDA's. A couple are a bit more tricky yes, but I don't use them for testing, I use an RDA that is quick and easy for testing :).

Do you have a hairdryer lol??? Test a flavour, rinse wicks and deck under tap, blast with hair dryer and 1 min later it'll all be dry lol :). Hardly ideal, but it'd do the job for testing quickly and CRUDELY pmsl ;).

You could use a thick gauge of good old silica wick lol. Flavour and vapour nowhere near as good as cotton, but you can rinse it under the tap to clear old flavour and pulse fire it dry without burning it or setting it ablaze. I guess it would give you a general idea of the flavours to decide what will go in the good pile and what will end up in the box to be given away lol ;). Then put cotton back in to test and fine tune what's in the good pile ;).

Otherwise, vape them in an order that saves grief as @yappycat said ;). Vape creamy, dessert or custard flavours first, the weaker fruit flavours, then more robust fruits and vape anything with menthol or other liquids that seriously taint wicking like aniseed or liquorice last :).

Lol, it's giving me a chuckle hehe :D.

I just don't put any wick in a derringer RDA and drop directly onto coil, usually enough for me to know whether it is an alright mix or not......just drip sparingly

Bridgeless atomiser?
Do not know what it is exactly but i think it is an old school dripper thing with no wick, gets recomended to people that do not build coils that want to test juice.

Vaping101 have a sale on atm any clone rda a tenner get yourself a couple and use for testing?

Interesting but only goes up to 12W which might not give one the best impressions of test juices?
My suggestion is have a selection ready of small drippers just for testing. How many would you need?
Plenty of excellent small RDAs for very little money around ...

This would be my preferred solution. However he still has to wick for every flavour like normal people.

Back
Top Bottom