What's new

Benefits of RTAs over stock coil tanks?

@Bruben Just a thought, but when I was switching from MTL stock coils (Nautilus 1.8 ohm) to RTAs I found a good place to start was building to much the same resistance as what I was used to, so it was a fair comparison. I've still never dropped below about 1.3/1.4 ohms, as that is what suits me on most MTL tanks. I usually use 28AWG kanthal coils - if you want me to send you some wire (or even a coil) so you can try and see how it grabs you, drop me a PM. :)
Did u have an ares 2? Any tips for good flavor for him?

Did u have an ares 2? Any tips for good flavor for him?
Nope, I had the original Ares ........... which I found a bit too airy for my taste as I like a tight MTL draw - I thought it was one of those DTL/MTL tanks that really did neither well enough. I believe the Ares 2 is better, but can't say.

On the other hand, I chuck much the same build in every tank I get! :D

@Bruben Just a thought, but when I was switching from MTL stock coils (Nautilus 1.8 ohm) to RTAs I found a good place to start was building to much the same resistance as what I was used to, so it was a fair comparison. I've still never dropped below about 1.3/1.4 ohms, as that is what suits me on most MTL tanks. I usually use 28AWG kanthal coils - if you want me to send you some wire (or even a coil) so you can try and see how it grabs you, drop me a PM. :)
Thanks @Crewella - I’ve no idea how to make coils to a certain resistance but it would be great to know how!

That’s an incredibly kind offer, thank you :) I’ll send you a message!

Thanks @Crewella - I’ve no idea how to make coils to a certain resistance but it would be great to know how!

Have a look at the Steam Engine site for calculating resistance. For example if you use 28g kanthal with an ID (internal diameter) of 2.5mm and about 8wraps you will end up with about 1.5 ohm.

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil?r=1.5&awg=28&id=2.5

Also nice one if you are using Android phone: Vape tool. Just search the Google Play store and it will be the first option. Has simple wire, Claptons, fused Claptons and many more options. Just enter wire type, Id of the coil, wraps and coil legs and click Calculate and thats it. You will get the resistance value without much fuss.
Screenshot_20210510-082112.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210510-081852.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-081852.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 33
Also nice one if you are using Android phone: Vape tool. Just search the Google Play store and it will be the first option. Has simple wire, Claptons, fused Claptons and many more options. Just enter wire type, Id of the coil, wraps and coil legs and click Calculate and thats it. You will get the resistance value without much fuss. View attachment 246582
I used vape tool when I started making coils. Brilliant info on there. Still use it now whenever I get a new wire type. Calculations are spot on and there's loads of other handy stuff on it.

Also nice one if you are using Android phone: Vape tool. Just search the Google Play store and it will be the first option. Has simple wire, Claptons, fused Claptons and many more options. Just enter wire type, Id of the coil, wraps and coil legs and click Calculate and thats it. You will get the resistance value without much fuss. View attachment 246582
Thanks @Giurra, I’m on iPhone though unfortunately!

If i could get stock coils as easy as i can get cigarettes i would just use them.
The gtx and gt coils (and a few others) r so good n can be had so cheap, life is too short unless building a coil is your idea of fun.

(Sometimes ppl like to rewick everyday to always have fresh cotton, thats another good reason to rebuild)

My coils cost about $1.50 and last at least a week. Thats like 20 cents a day.

That's me - fresh cotton every day.

FWIW the Hastur Mini has been the easiest build I've tried so far.

Hi again all!

Ive noticed the liquid in my RTA goes an orangey colour after a day or so - doesn’t do it in my Zlide tank. Is this normal or something I’m doing wrong?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom