What's new

Battery smell?

snowtek

Initiate
Hey guys, I’ve got a lost vape triade which I’ve had for a while now. It looks pretty bartered, paints gone in places, the leathers fallen off but other than that it’s been a solid mod.

That said, Whenever I’ve opened the battery compartment recently there’s been this really strange sweet smell coming from the batterys / compartment. My girlfriend was convinced it was the smell of eliquid but I’ve never had anything that smells like it and once removed, the batterys and compartment look and feel dry.

I’ve never smelt this before which made me think it was the battery’s so I took them out of the mod yesterday and left them overnight. Came back to them in the morning and the smell was completely gone. Used them again today and took the battery compartment off again and the smells back.

Any ideas wtf is going on? Was thinking about getting some new batterys tomorrow to give that a go but also thinking of a new mod to go with them.

Cheers all

Visually they look fine but they’re just over a year old now.. no idea how long you’re supposed to keep battery’s for though.

A year is pretty good, it may be time to get some new ones anyway.

If it solves the smell then you know, if not I expect you could do with some now (or soon) anyway.

Burning circuit board smells a bit like germolene ointment, it could potentially be that in which case it would be inside your mod.
See what happens when you put new batteries in. A year seems fair for less than £15. Better to be safe than sorry.
New vape gear is great if you have to retire the triade.

A year is pretty good, it may be time to get some new ones anyway.

If it solves the smell then you know, if not I expect you could do with some now (or soon) anyway.

Yeah, that’s probably a fair shout to be honest. I’ll pop down to the b&m and order some from fogstar again I think!

Burning circuit board smells a bit like germolene ointment, it could potentially be that in which case it would be inside your mod.
See what happens when you put new batteries in. A year seems fair for less than £15. Better to be safe than sorry.
New vape gear is great if you have to retire the triade.

Hmmm yeah, it could possibly be that! It does have that sort of smell to it... If that’s the case then I guess it’s out with the triads or can I just keep going with it until it dies? I’ll try out the new battery’s tomorrow either way.

That said, I’ve not looked at any new stuff in probably that whole year. I’ve been going along quite steadily on a tfv8 and the triade (its my only way of stopping myself from buying all of the new, shiny stuff!) I just recently got the uwell valryian as my FiL got one and it was the first I’d heard of a new uwell product but I don’t want to do the same with a mod... so yeah, any recommendations? Haha

The lost vape paranormal is quite cool. It would be a shame to downgrade from the triade.
A less expensive one that people recommend is the GTRS Boy as it uses a yihi chip. There is a 200 and a 222 version.
A more expensive one that is popular now is the SX Mini G Class.
It all depends what you are able to spend and what you are looking for.
Have a read around the forums

Back
Top Bottom