What's new

Battery help

Jake12

Hi team!

I just bought my first box mod, a VOOPOO Argus GT 2 which uses external batteries. Until now, I've only used built in battery kits and so the world of buying and recharging external batteries is all new to me. Despite the amount I've been reading online about Ohms law etc, I'm not quite getting my head around which batteries I should be using. I guess everywhere I'm reading, it's telling me that I'm going to get blown up if I use the incorrect batteries. Any advice on the below would be great!

The device is a dual battery mod which produces max 200W.

I usually vape in the region of 60-100W and use 0.15 and .2 coils (Primarily .15 coils. The .2's are backups)

Does anyone recommend specific batteries for this use? A battery that I'm seeing pop up quite a bit is the Molicell P26A 2600mah. Is this suited for the above dual battery mod on those watts with those Ohms?

Sorry, serious newbie here!

Thanks!

In a dual battery mod, the P26A should be good for 120W or so. Generally, you take the max Amp and multiply by 3. The P26A are rated at 25A, but I'd use 20A to give some room. 3 * 20 = 60W per battery. Dual battery mod, 120W. Just a rough guide.

I only use Molicel nowadays, generally the P28A's and P42A's for 21700. P26A's are perfect for your vaping needs though.

Buy from Fogstar and use POTV20 to get 20% off your order.

Hi @Jake12
All you need is above. Ohm's law is a must for mech mods which have no protection but regulated mods will do everything for you. As far as I can remember molicell are now the only battery covered by vaping. I still use Samsung 30Q but Samsung now say none of there batteries are recommended for vaping. Just covering their asses me thinks.
As said, fogstar or 18650uk are the only places I've bought batteries in the last 7 years.

@hack400 @MrDJ

Thank you both for your advice! I'll more than likely purchase the P26A's!

Any recommendations for external battery chargers? I read everywhere that batteries should be charged out of the device, despite this one having a USB C port to charge the batteries inside it.

@hack400 @MrDJ

Thank you both for your advice! I'll more than likely purchase the P26A's!

Any recommendations for external battery chargers? I read everywhere that batteries should be charged out of the device, despite this one having a USB C port to charge the batteries inside it.

Best to only use the USB C Port for emergency charging. You're putting a lot of heat into batteries when charging. Fogstar also do chargers. Xtar VC4 with a UK Plug is £22 and you'll get 20% off that. Should do you good for a while.

Charger link - Here
Battery link - Here

+one here for the Xtar VC4 charger; been using one every day for,,, well so long I forget when I bought it.
If you want one with a three pin plug rather than a USB then I am sure the Xtar X4 is just as good.

If ordering from fogstar use code POTV20 for 20% off.
or ordering from 18650.UK use code ilovepotv for 10% off.

Worth mentioning that when using a dual battery mod, use the same type batteries. Keep then paired together, use and charge together. Dont use them separately in other mods then put then into dual use again.

As others have said vaping upto 120W is fine with those batteries. Increasing the wattage closer to its max 200W will stress the batteties tho. Maximum current is drawn from your batteries as they approach low battery cutoff so using them before they cutoff does give you a little more headroom.

The Xtar VC4 series of chargers are very good chargers for the price.

Back
Top Bottom