What's new

Base mix

Arty59

Postman
not sure if this has ever been mentioned before but i myself like most of you guys use VG and PG for your base mix but i was talking to a chap who says that he uses a cough mixture for his base mix, is that possible ?? i have never heard of it before just wondering if any of you guys have.

not sure if this has ever been mentioned before but i myself like most of you guys use VG and PG for your base mix but i was talking to a chap who says that he uses a cough mixture for his base mix, is that possible ?? i have never heard of it before just wondering if any of you guys have.
Wiiiiiiinnnnnndddddduuuupppp!
:vapinape:
But we do live in this world now dont we.

So, no :sleepy: dont use cough medicine, or Gatorade!

Last edited:
Boots sell VG under it's medicinal name of Glycerol.

While it's technically not mixed with anything so doesn't really deserve the "mixture" part of the name, it is sold for treatment of coughs.

IMG_20191011_092526386~2.jpg

IMG_20191011_092535430~2.jpg

If he's on about any other sort of cough mixture, it's a recipe for disaster.

Just to add:

The boots stuff is apparently fine to use as it's effectively the same stuff you get from vape suppliers but with a different label.

It does work out more expensive than buying online by the litre, but it's sometimes quicker and more convenient to pop into the chemist to grab some instead of waiting for a delivery.

When I tried 88Vape Fusion.....

S13371-800x800.jpg

it was just like vaping a fucking Blackcurrant Strepsil.....

Strepsils-Extra-Strength.jpg

I kid you not - it was the first thing that I thought of when I took a few draws

apparently it is supposed to be grape, but coz they overdone the menthol/aniseed
it turns into more of blackcurrant sore throat lozenge - well so I thought

if any of you got a sore throat - that is the one you should try I reckon
I heard they are doing a Lemsip version for colds & flu

Last edited:

S13371-800x800.jpg

I kid you not - it was the first thing that I thought of when I took a few draws

apparently it is supposed to be grape, but coz they overdone the menthol/aniseed

Cool, Lemsip

S13371-800x800.jpg

Cool, Lemsip! Vick's Vapour rub next? :13:
I heard the next flu shot will be via injection or vape!
I was hoping eyedrops, maybe next season!

its not

I suspect the Guy is Using Boots VG
Just to add:

The boots stuff is apparently fine to use as it's effectively the same stuff you get from vape suppliers but with a different label.

It does work out more expensive than buying online by the litre, but it's sometimes quicker and more convenient to pop into the chemist to grab some instead of waiting for a delivery.
almost ALL home mixers from back in the early teens started off using boots VG :) - I know I did - it was the easiest and quickest place to get VG from

Last edited:

I also thought it was a wind up at first till i looked onto it a bit more and some people do use it i personally wont but i was more curious than anything

its not

I suspect the Guy is Using B

almost ALL home mixers from back in the early teens started off using boots VG :) - I know I did - it was the easiest and quickest place to get VG from
Ok, so am I on another planet mate? Because I read cough mixture. "was talking to a chap who says that he uses a cough mixture for his base mix" So unless "cough mixture" is just VG, then im totally tripping and seeing things here that are not! Because here in Oz if you buy cough mixture it has a lot more in it than just VG! Many contain serious stuff! But hey, you wanna use cough mixture to vape with your concentrates, then, err, well, cooool. But I'm guessing a cough mixture vape aint too much better, or just might be kinder than a Vitamin E oil one. But hey, cool, advise people to vape Cough Mixtures! :confused: Load up the press mate :thumbup: "POTV advises and thumbs up the use of cough mixtures as a vape base!" Down here, some desperates use cough mixture to get off their faces.

Last edited:
Ok, so am I on another planet mate? Because I read cough mixture. "was talking to a chap who says that he uses a cough mixture for his base mix" So unless "cough mixture" is just VG, then im totally tripping and seeing things here that are not! Because here in Oz if you buy cough mixture it has a lot more in it than just VG! Many contain serious stuff! But hey, you wanna use cough mixture to vape with your concentrates, then, err, well, cooool. But I'm guessing a cough mixture vape aint too much better, or just might be kinder than a Vitamin E oil one. But hey, cool, advise people to vape Cough Mixtures! :confused: Load up the press mate :thumbup: "POTV advises and thumbs up the use of cough mixtures as a vape base!"

Look at the label in the pics I posted.

It's not just any cough mixture - although the very vast majority of proprietary branded cough mixtures are VG based they usually have many other, less vape friendly, ingredients.

Go into Boots the chemist in the UK and ask for cough mixture - the plain value range glycerol will be one of the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom