What's new

Bad Dreams?

nny

Initiate
Hey all, I've seen this come up a few times - is it quite common to have bad dreams when you vape before bed? Why would this happen?

I sleep terribly, so really don't need more reasons to not sleep well!

Haven't heard of that before. And must say It hasn't happened to me yet.

Hey all, I've seen this come up a few times - is it quite common to have bad dreams when you vape before bed? Why would this happen?

I sleep terribly, so really don't need more reasons to not sleep well!

If you're new to vaping, you've just given up smoking or seriously reduced smoking it's not uncommon at all. I never suffered from it but a couple of friends have.

When you stop smoking and switch to vaping it can cause a temporary change in Serotonin levels. This can cause extremely vivid dreams or nightmares for some people. It usually passes in 2-3 weeks as your body adjusts and Serotonin levels settle down again. It doesn't really make any difference when you vape if this is the case.

Otherwise, IF you've been vaping for some time, you vape before bed and you get this issue, try a different liquid from a different manufacturer. It could be liquid specific.

What coils are you using out of interest?

What coils are you using out of interest?
I don't actually vape as of yet..I have an Atmos RX but the atomiser broke and I kind of lost interest, although I'd like to start again.

So you think it's more likely to be to do with quitting smoking itself? Is it the nicotine withdrawal or does it even happen when you keep the level of nicotine consistent?

Never happened to me and never heard in person from anyone that it happened. Only ever read this online. Could be anxiety I suppose ...

I don't actually vape as of yet..I have an Atmos RX but the atomiser broke and I kind of lost interest, although I'd like to start again.

So you think it's more likely to be to do with quitting smoking itself? Is it the nicotine withdrawal or does it even happen when you keep the level of nicotine consistent?

Lol, then why are you asking if vaping can cause it if you're not actually vaping PMSL ;)????

Nicotine withdrawal can cause fluctuations in Serotonin. Keep nicotine levels about the same and it's unlikely to happen. Most vapers don't notice when they switch because they're keeping nicotine levels within a similar range. Heavier smokers that switch to a relatively light nic liquid can be more subject to it for example You don't see it as much now, but 3 years ago many sites selling liquid had a warning about vaping and use of anti-depressants. It's all due to the same issue, Serotonin.

Fluctuations in Serotonin can cause incredibly vivid dreams.

Look up side effects for just about any anti-depressant available, all list vivid dreams as a side effect during early use due to the same issue, Serotonin levels fluctuating and normalising.

Lol, then why are you asking if vaping can cause it if you're not actually vaping PMSL ;)????
Because I would like to start vaping but want to know more about it first? Surely that can't be that strange.

Because I would like to start vaping but want to know more about it first? Surely that can't be that strange.

In the highly unlikely event you were to suffer from it, it would only be temporary whilst your body adjusts. It would pass relatively quickly.

Get yaself a decent tank, some eliquid flavours you want to try and give vaping a serious go :).

I have to agree with @Arctic_Wolf. If you keep your nic level at about the same level as when you smoke you shouldn't really get any adverse effects.

However.....if you drop or increase your nic levels after smoking this could effect your brain chemistry & therefore your sleep/dreams.

So....Pick up some decent kit, get some interesting flavors, chuck out the fags & give vaping a go. It may be the best thing you ever did.

Let us know how you get on.

:goodluck:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom