What's new

Aspire Pockex Flooding

Bex

Postman
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Aspire Pockex as a stealth device for out and about. Its a great device but i'm just having one little problem, every time i refill it, it floods and i get loads of gurgling and spitting for about 10 drags then it calms down.

Iv read that it is caused by pressure forcing the liquid in to the coil but is there anyway of preventing it from happening in the first place? I don't over fill it either, just add liquid just below the max fill line.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

It looks like a similar design to the cubis and they do the same when refilling.
only thing i have found that helps a bit is when refilling close the top air flow right off and then blow down the drip tip into the coil
quite hard a few times, this seems to clear any excess juice out and helps to stop the gurgling a bit.
If that makes sense @Bex

Yeah it does thank you @b road blaster. I have been trying this but unfortunately you cant close off the air flow on this one. Thought it might be the coil before i read your message so changed it and since then iv refilled it twice and its not happened, it was fine the first few times with the last one though so time will tell if it was that or a design flaw. If it happens again i will try blocking the airflow somehow. Thanks again for the response

I got my Aspire Pockex recently also and noticed the same thing with flooding. It has way less flooding and spit back when I use 90 VG vs 80 VG..I wonder if how thick the ejuice is makes a difference? ..because a higher VG would make it thicker I assume? I am new to vaping so it is only a theory but I have tested it several times... I am almost 7 weeks smoke free, I love vaping :-)

Hi @Teri1973, congrats on 7 weeks smoke free :2thumbsup:

Yes the higher VG will make the juice thicker. Iv been using 70vg in mine, might have to mix up some high vg juice to give it a try. The weird thing is that i put in a new coil and it was fine for about 6 fills then started again.

@rawhead do you have this issue? (sorry for bringing you in but i know you have one)

Hi @Bex , no prob with being tagged in :)

I've had my Pocket X for a while now and never had a problem with flooding - I tend to fill a little under the max fill line, and I also watch for liquid that has hung onto the coil as when you re-insert that its putting more fluid back in. I get a bit of gurgling on a refill, but a few blows into the drip tip and a couple of fires usually sorts that out.

The other thing you could try is when you unscrew the top and coil, take the coil off the top and screw it back into the tank (make sure you have some tissue for your fingers :) ). You'd then be filling the tank with the coil inserted so no worried about forcing the coil into liquid - and you could ignore the fill line obviously.

Did you get it from a bricks and mortar shop ? If so definitely pop back in with it - it should be easy enough to replicate and they'll probably swap it straight out for you.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for getting back to me @rawhead

I have tried wiping the coil before putting it back in as i thought that it might help for the same reason you mentioned, haven't tried screwing the coil in individually yet tho so will give that a go next time it does it.

I bought it from vapeclub. By the sounds of it tho, if your getting the gurgling too i think it might just be one of those quirks i have to live with, however annoying lol.

Thank you for your help :)

Hey everyone I had a question. I'm new to vaping as well and just recently purchased an aspire pockex.

It's been about 2 days, and my juice is leaking small amounts out of the firing button.
I have no idea what is going on to make it d that, but I'm really worried about it. Anyone have any idea what and why it could be doing that?

Hey All!!
I know this is an old thread now but I literally just had the same issue!
I got my pockex just today and i do love it so far (it's replaced a k3 which exploded) - I'm not really a die hard vaper as such, I've just used it to replace cigarettes (7 months now!) So i keep it simple and use pens l.
Anyway, sorry I'm rambling. I took the top off my pockex to refill and decided to take the coil off to learn how to replace it but now I've put it back it's bubbling when it wasn't before and I'm afraid of putting it on too tight!
I've read and tried all the above, should I maybe try a new Coil? I don't want to waste the spare though.
Thanks and sorry to go on .
Xx

Back
Top Bottom