What's new

Aspire Pockex - burnt out?

Nicky MVS

Hi all,
I'm a newbie and probably made a rookie mistake. I had my Pockex in my bag and somehow it's managed to switch itself on and burn out the coil completely. I've gone to replace the coil and noticed that the entire device stinks of Pinkman - but a burnt odour. I've taken it apart so the tank is seperate from the main body of the device and the lid is off the tank. I rinsed out the tank and the lid and now they don't smell but the top of the main device where the battery is still smells of burnt pinkman. At the moment I'm just letting the air get to it. Is it knackered? Will everything now taste of burnt pinkman forever more? Or will this go when I put a new juice in?

Also I've read somewhere that you can get lanyard pouches for vape pens. Any idea where you can buy them?
Thanks all!

Obviously, don't submerge the battery section, but you can give it a good wipe with a damp cloth, see if that helps. Just make sure it's completely dry before you put it back together.

As has been said, wipe up clean as best you can, but as long as the tank section is clean then it shouldn't affect your vape. Most vape shops sell lanyards, and you can also get them on Ebay. If you can't switch yout device off to make sure this can't happen, a lanyard is a good idea. :)

Thanks all. Normally I've had no problem with switching it off, but it was in the side pocket of my bag and I think because I had quite a lot of other things in there it pushed it on. Made me think a little lanyard or case might be a good idea. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't knackered it completely. The coil has gone black so I've thrown that away.

I dont know that device but does that tank come off the battery without losing juice? Is it all contained? I made a cotton crochet bag to throw in my hand bag, i seperate the tank and battery of my endura and keep them that way while Im busy. Takes 2 seconds to screw them together when needing to use it :)

I dont know that device but does that tank come off the battery without losing juice? Is it all contained? I made a cotton crochet bag to throw in my hand bag, i seperate the tank and battery of my endura and keep them that way while Im busy. Takes 2 seconds to screw them together when needing to use it :)
Sadly not, the tank is like a cylinder. I also have an Innokin Coolfire 4 with Nautilus X tank - think I am better off with something with a switch. I like the convenience of the AIO device but not if it's going to switch on and burn out - even if it is user error! :11:

Hopefully a lanyard will fix your issue. Shame the device doesn't come apart - I love that about my Endura. That poor thing get's thrown about everywhere with me lol!

Was it turned off (5 clicks) when you put it in your bag ? If it was, that's particularly unlucky - if i'm pocketing mine for any length of time I switch it off first and I've not had any incedents.

Back
Top Bottom