What's new

Aspire BCV Coils clogging after 24 hours - help please!

baldeagle

Initiate
Hi folks!

I'm using an Aspire Nautilus 2 on the Zelos mod. My usage is very light, only 5-6 times a day, and usually the coils last close to 2 weeks.

A couple of weeks ago I found the absolute perfect ADV juice for me, OhmBrew Lemon Lime Lolly. This was the ONLY liquid I've tried that I really like, and I've tried a lot! Unfortunately it is clogging the coil to the point that it will no longer wick and starts burning after just 24 hours. The problem is so bad that even closing off the airholes and applying strong suction to the mouthpiece doesn't pull any liquid into the coil at all. Soaking the coil in alcohol overnight clears the problem, but it's clogged again within 24 hours.

After trying several more juices (boy this is getting expensive!) I finally found one other that I like, DoozySalts FizzyLemon. To my absolute horror, the same thing happens with this liquid! (none of the other juices I tried caused this problem)

Although both these juices contain nic salts, some Googling seems to suggest that this is actually just an odd coincidence and that the problem is heavy sugar or sweetener content in these juices.

Does anyone know of this issue or successfully vape either of these 2 liquids? Maybe a different tank/coil setup will resolve it?

I've just gotta be able to vape these 2 juices but would rather not move to self-build coils if I can avoid it. I know very little about the subject and it seems like a pretty complex operation requiring some skills and special tools, but I would consider it if it's the only option.

Thanks in advance for all comments or suggestions.

Only a suggestion but try either the new Aspire BVC nic salt coils or a lower ohm like 1.0ohm so your using a higher amperage and hopefully more of a burn.

hi and welcome to the planet.

not tried this one so had to check as i guessed it could be high vg but its not its 50/50 so that should work perfectly in all their coils.
what wattage are you running at and which coil are you using.
weve seen fake aspire coils before so where did you buy them? please dont say ebay.

If it has a lot of sweetener/ sugar that will shorten coil life considerably.

That was one reason I switched to RTAs and building my own coils.

not tried this one so had to check as i guessed it could be high vg but its not its 50/50 so that should work perfectly in all their coils.
weve seen fake aspire coils before so where did you buy them? please dont say ebay.

I'm using the standard 1.8ohm bvc coils. I've tried various settings between 10W and 13W, it makes very little or no difference. The coils are genuine (not from eBay and scratch-checked) and they work perfectly fine with all other liquids I've tried.

1.8 ohm coil on that tank everytime run it at 13 watts you should have no problems
where did the coils come from ive had duffs on ebay waste of time.
i mouth to lung guessing with that set up you are as well.
i open all air holes fully as well with my nautilus tank coils seem to last longer then more of an airy draw but i like it.
mix youre own juice thats the way forward get a good concentrate to start off you wont look back.

The coils are definitely good, no question. These liquids will clog this coil at any wattage and regardless of air setting. I would switch to other liquids but can't find any I like and these 2 flavours are just amazing, streets ahead of anything else I've tried... it's so frustrating!!!

If it has a lot of sweetener/ sugar that will shorten coil life considerably.

That was one reason I switched to RTAs and building my own coils.

It's looking like this might be the only solution to my problem. I really have no idea where to start though as there seems to be so many variables in terms of equipment and method etc. Could you maybe point me in the right direction to get started? I'm only interested in MTL vaping and I'd lke to keep my Zelos mod if possible. Thanks!

Won't be fake coils I tried both juices the op likes and they gunk coils quicker than a dog can eat chicken [emoji2] only way forward is to go with a coil like the jac vapour S22 or RTA

Ah..here we go again..another one with Aspire BVC woes!

I have the same set up myself, the Zelos with the Naut Mini (uses the same BVC coils)..and those 1.8s have been problematic of late. They just don't seem to last very long...especially if you're putting very heavily sweetened juices through them. I've managed to get mine to last longer using just 50/50 juices and at 8 watts..as anything higher than that, and they just don't last. I buy my coils from a reputable source - Ejuicy (who does also sell on ebay, but is a reliable vendor of vape gear), so my advice is try the 0.7 coil, if you haven't already, as this one can cope with juices up to 70VG/30 better.

However, if these juices you're using are very sweet, then maybe an RTA is the way forward, as stock coils will struggle to wick those very sweet juices.

Back
Top Bottom