What's new

Anyone use ss mode on the alien?

greenbrucelee

Achiever
Have been thinking about getting some stainless steel for coils for my ijoy limetless rdta instead of using the kanthal ones I have but I have heard that ss mode doesn't work very well, Any truth to this?

Have been thinking about getting some stainless steel for coils for my ijoy limetless rdta instead of using the kanthal ones I have but I have heard that ss mode doesn't work very well, Any truth to this?

Whaddya mean by SS mode? Temperature control mode? Dunno how well TC works on the Alien but you can use SS316 coils in wattage/power mode no problemo. If TC mode is crap then switch back to power - no loss :)

I found TC to be very poor on the Alien in SS mode. Gave up trying to get any where near a consistent vape with it. You might have better luck.

Whaddya mean by SS mode? Temperature control mode? Dunno how well TC works on the Alien but you can use SS316 coils in wattage/power mode no problemo. If TC mode is crap then switch back to power - no loss :)

Yeah sorry meant TC mode its just that when you use stanless steel it shows ss in the mode bit where it shows w when you use kanthal as it can only be used in wattage mode.

If you use it in wattage mode it doesn't matter whether you're using SS or Kanthal. Surely the Alien doesn't force you to use TC mode?

so should I bother with stainless steel or stick with some decent Kanthal?

Depends what you want from your coils .... SS has a lower resistance so if you like a lot of wraps but still want to keep the resistance down it can be useful, it has a quicker ramp up than Kanthal too.

You can also use Nichrome in wattage too, I suggest making 3 coils the same size out of all 3 and seeing which you like the best.

If you use it in wattage mode it doesn't matter whether you're using SS or Kanthal. Surely the Alien doesn't force you to use TC mode?

Damn don't give me another reason to hate it more than I do already! :D

Back
Top Bottom