What's new

80/20 VG/PG - What to use it in?

just looked at the reviews and a few not lasting as long as they used to.
any advise for the above Andy @JAC Vapour
Mmmm. I might just give it a spin, if it destroys one coil then I guess I try the dilution solution or hit the classifieds here and see if anyone else wants to try them... Unless Andy has a solution. The main reason for getting the VIM was due to the could being so long lasting so hopefully that is the case.

the 0.5 ive been using with 70vg is almost 7 weeks in daily use and still going strong. its not my only mod though so used to and from work and at breaks and filled twice daily.

Mmmm. I might just give it a spin, if it destroys one coil then I guess I try the dilution solution or hit the classifieds here and see if anyone else wants to try them... Unless Andy has a solution. The main reason for getting the VIM was due to the could being so long lasting so hopefully that is the case.

Sorry for the delay. Just posted this in another thread, which is pretty relevant, basically the standard s-coils will in most cases handle the High VG stuff, certainly no issues with our High VG premium at 70%. If for some reason they don't work, then you can return any unopened eliquid, but we have 2 people on MTL in the office using BSS no problem. If you find you really like BSS but can't get on with the premixed then you can also get it in short fill which when mixed is closer to 70% VG. The turbo coils won't cope with high VG, and are really best suited to 50/50, they can also be a bit picky with some nicsalts liquids:

One thing to be aware of with the VIM is always turn the tank clockwise, it's clockwise to fit it and lock it in, and it's clockwise again to unlock and remove it. If you go anti-clockwise the topfill mouth tip will loosen, and this releases pressure, when the pressure is released the tank will leak. The fact that a new tank fixed your issue, may have meant the bottom metal bit was not fitting correctly, I have seen this once or twice, the push fit was not tight enough and allowed a pressure leak. The easy way to check any of this, is to fill the tank half full and make sure the top is on tight, then leave out the device standing on a paper towel, if the liquid drains then there an issue with the seal somewhere and you need a new tank, if it's fine then it's an issue like overfilling or the cap loosening from being removed the wrong way, so it's something being done in use that allows the pressure release.

In regards to using the coils, they will last a long time and the standard coils s-coils (MTL, and DL) will cope with high VG, they are good with nearly all 70% VG, and actually manage 80VG for most, although some liquids like Bryns special sauce can be a bit hit or miss, for instance if you are an iron lung user and can suck a golf ball though a straw, it will struggle to keep up with 80% VG. The secret is to prime, we pack or cotton quite tight, this means anything 50% or over VG really needs primed. Best way to do that is 4 drops in the top of the coil, and a couple on each wick hole, that gets the the cotton well saturated, and you are normally good to go. If flood a coil by over priming, just flick it and it'll clear, so better to over prime than under for longevity. Also when starting a new coil, if you get any hint of burnt taste juts release the topfill (releasing pressure) and then re-tighten, that basically allows the liquid to flood into the coil, and re-wick quickly. You should have to do very often, but I'll explain why it happens. If you look at the topfill mouth tip, it actually has a ridge running around it (a slight undercut), that allows pressure to escape, so that when you tighten the topfill, it doesn't cause a pressure build up, forcing eliquid through the coil and in turn a leak (many old style topfill tanks used to do this, some still do). Sometimes this ridge can get filled with eliquid, effectively causing a seal, this can happen if you get liquid all around the thread for the topfill when filling, with the ridge filled the tank effectively becomes completely sealed, and the rate at which it can wick is lessened, as air in is restricted and the pressure effectively reverses and stops liquid flowing into the wick, rather than allowing it to flow into it. In simple terms as you use liquid vaping, air needs to leak into the tank, to replace the liquid to balance the pressure to allow good wicking, Too much air, like the topfill not being tight and you get a leak, to little, like the eliquid causing an airtight seal and it doesn't wick enough.

Hopefully I haven't confused everybody, but basically everything can be avoided, by always going clockwise, priming and using a needle nose bottle to fill.

Sorry I didn't reply JAC, been trying out the 1.0mtl coils with your 80/20 juice. A few days later and I can report that all is well. The coil had still not terminated itself....

Yahoo

Back
Top Bottom