What's new

80/20 VG/PG - What to use it in?

red_devil

Postman
Hello Apes, for a few years I've been using a 0.5ohm coil to vape 70/30 VG/PG juice. Keen to get back to MTL I've just received a Jac Vapour VIM with the 1.0ohm MTL Coil, I also ordered some of their juice thinking (incorrectly) that it would be 50/50 juice that I could use with my new VIM. It's arrived in the post today and turns out that it's 80/20 VG/PG.

So, do we think that my 1.0ohm MTL coils will cope with the 80/20 juice?....I have bottles and bottles of the stuff so binning it isn't an option. Any thought?, don't want to burn through all my new coils as it's false economy.

Many thanks Kids,

Rich

80/20 will burn your coils as the vg is to high for the coils you are using you could add more pg to the 80/20 to make it less thicker.........

@red_devil the jac coils were tested to death with their own 80vg juice and they coped very well. only coil out there that i will say that can handle 80vg
i did use the 1ohm for a week but personally prefer the 0.5 but i had no issues with the 1ohm and jac juice.

I havent used those coils sounds like mr has so he's in more of a position to help, But from my own experience i wouldnt attempt anything above 50/50 in anything much above 0.6 , But i like my coils to last awhile...

Ah balls, I can't understand why they wouldn't list the VG/PG make up on the order screen, I stupidly assumed it would be 50/50. Think I'll contact them tomorrow and see if they'll swap, but think I know the answer. Do we think that adding PG to water it down is viable?, I'd happily deal with muted flavours to get through it, not sure how much I'd add to a 10ml bottle though to bring it even close to 50/50. My biggest upset is that I already have a ton of 80/20 juice from onepoundvape that I ordered a few weeks ago before deciding to go back to MTL, so in all I bet I now have 20 x 10ml bottles that I can't use......lol

mmmmm, going to be an expensive month......lol

Rich

Ah balls, I can't understand why they wouldn't list the VG/PG make up on the order screen, I stupidly assumed it would be 50/50. Think I'll contact them tomorrow and see if they'll swap, but think I know the answer. Do we think that adding PG to water it down is viable?, I'd happily deal with muted flavours to get through it, not sure how much I'd add to a 10ml bottle though to bring it even close to 50/50. My biggest upset is that I already have a ton of 80/20 juice from onepoundvape that I ordered a few weeks ago before deciding to go back to MTL, so in all I bet I now have 20 x 10ml bottles that I can't use......lol

Rich
did you not read what i wrote above. the jac coils can handle 80vg.
is it the Bryns eliquid you have?
"These vape juices use the finest ingredients available to create something truly special and the high VG ratio (80/20 VG/PG) ensures that every inhale is delightfully smooth with thick clouds of vapour."
https://www.jacvapour.com/e-liquid/bryns-special-sauce

Rich

You have 8ml of vg to 2ml of pg.
50/50 would be 8ml vg to 8ml pg so you would add 6ml pg.
As you know you would be diluting flavour and nic.

Back
Top Bottom