What's new

50:50 liquids

cegueira

Hi,

I've had a zelos x from the beginning of this year. I'm using Nautilus 1 ohm coils and have found myself a bit stuck with liquids.

I have tried nic salts but they seem to burn out the coil quickly (300 puffs).

I was using Vampire Vapes liquids but they started tasting funny, might have been a bad batch of coils.

I am now on the Pukka Juice 50:50 range: Fuji apple and tropical, which are ok.

Are there any non-ice/menthol, fruity liquids that anyone can recommend? Vampire Vapes Strawberry Kiwi was a favourite.

I'm not one for fruity liquids but I know that coil pretty well. I use salts all the time and it's not the nicotine that's wrecking the coil it'll be the sweetness of the juice or how you use it. Good priming will extend the coil life and using the correct power, the less the better.

Sounds like you have a sweet tooth, my friend :18:

There are loads of tasty fruit juices out there, that don’t overdo the sweetener. Try some Manabush flavors, or Digby’s ;) If you absolutely have to use 10ml nic salts, try some Wick Liquor; last time I used the same coil as you for the whole bottle.

And @Deadanddripping has a very good point, priming and the correct wattage will lengthen the life of your coils. With the 1.0ohms nautilus coils, less is more :22: I’m usually around 9-10w, no higher than 12w :11:

I'm not desperate to go with nic salts at all, I just don't think I'm getting the best out of my vape.

I am priming by adding a drop of liquid into each hole of the coil and then 3/4 filling the tank and leaving to stand for 5-10 minutes. I try to avoid chain vaping by leaving 20-30 seconds between vapes. It's currently set to 13W so maybe I should lower this.

Should I be sticking to 50:50 liquids with my current setup? Ideally I would like to find two or three good consistent flavours and then get shortfills as the small bottles seem a bit of a waste!

I'm not desperate to go with nic salts at all, I just don't think I'm getting the best out of my vape.

I am priming by adding a drop of liquid into each hole of the coil and then 3/4 filling the tank and leaving to stand for 5-10 minutes. I try to avoid chain vaping by leaving 20-30 seconds between vapes. It's currently set to 13W so maybe I should lower this.

Should I be sticking to 50:50 liquids with my current setup? Ideally I would like to find two or three good consistent flavours and then get shortfills as the small bottles seem a bit of a waste!

I would be starting off vaping them coils at 9.5w...for a good half a dozen puffs or so....increasing to 10.5w- 11.00 max....that way if the coils are dodgy you're not pushing them.
Manufactures guidelines on coil wattage are a nonsense....they don't test/take into consideration all the flavour variations (impossible to do) that can affect them.

Most people would agree that 50:50 juices will work best with the higher ohms nautilus coils, but not all. I myself have used, and enjoyed greatly, 70:30 juices (app. 65:35 after the nicotine is added) with the 1.0ohm coils, though it depends on the juice :hmm: Generally, you’re probably never going to achieve the full flavor of some dessert juices at lower wattages f ex. So in regards to flavor and wicking, I’d stick with the 50:50 :)

If you want your coils to last longer, you may want to switch over to freebase nicotine, as nic salts are a bit tougher on your coils. For most of my longfills and shortfills I use a 6mg blend of 3mg freebase and 3mg nic salts. This steeps better and is kinder on my coils ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I've already had better results with my current 50:50 liquid and lowering the wattage. I'm on 10.5W and 650 puffs and the coil is just starting to show signs of burning. I also abused the coil a bit last Friday night!

Prime it fully before putting the coil in the tank, then you'll never have to worry or guess how long you have to leave it sitting. A drop ain't gonna do shit.... keep adding liquid until the coil is fully saturated. Then put it in the tank, then fill it up and you'll be able to vape immediately and won't have to rely on hope that the cotton is wet.

I don't know where these practices came from (I was told the same by the bloke in the vape shop when I first started vaping 7 years ago) but it makes no sense at all. It's what RTA/RDA users do, fully soak the cotton... we don't put a drop on it and leave it sitting in the hope it doesn't burn the cotton when we take our first puff. ;)

Back
Top Bottom