What's new

50/50 3mg - 30/70 PG/VG 0mg

traceylou_xox

Looking for some advice I guess.

I've been vaping 50/50 3mg eliquid in a ARC5 at 19.5W with a 1.5ohm coil. Wanted to cut the nicotine completely, so purchased some 0mg Nicotine from Rejuiced and a Shortfill minus the Nic shot, 30/70 PG/VG mix for both.

Now suffering from a sore mouth and bad tasting vape. My internet searching seems to come up with plenty about people having a PG allergy, but as I went from 50/50 to 30/70 I'm not sure that would be the issue... Had a similar situation before with IVG Liquid, but it again was a 50/50...

Any help would be much appreciated - Don't want to go back to nicotine, but can't deal with the discomfort!

It's difficult to know what to suggest... I was going to say that a bad tasting vape might be because the thicker 70VG liquid isn't wicking properly .. but then you say you had something similar with another brand of 50/50.

Can't you buy zero nicotine of the liquid you are used to? You can only really get to the bottom of this by changing one thing at a time, you've changed nicotine level, brand, ratio and flavour all that the same time. So it's difficult to know right?

I had an ARC5 many moons ago, I don't think the coils will cope with a higher VG, I suspect that the bad taste and sore mouth/throat could be from singeing cotton. I would suggest replacing the coil and going back to a 50/50 juice with 0mg.

Doesnt sound like a PG reaction. As @Simon G said, try and get the same juice ur used to but in zero nic strength. Sounds like a minor reaction to that particular juice you've got.
I've vaped many different juices with no problems but I did purchase a well know brand of ejuice a couple of years ago and it made my mouth blister. I

Hi @traceylou_xox and welcome to the planet.

ive not used this kit or coils but a quick google and the 1.5ohm coils are rated at 8-20watts https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/tecc-cs-coils-x-2-1-5ohm
a lot of companies now give two guides, the rated coil and a recommended vape wattage which im guessing would be similar to 12-16watts so maybe turn wattage down a little as 19.5w that your using could be burning the coils out and thats the harsh throat you are getting. see if that helps

Hi and welcome. As mentioned already, would suggest 50/50 and lowering the watts.

Hmm yeah I've had the same problem! changed to 3mg (50/50) end of last year.. was fine for a couple of months but now keep having the feeling of liquid in my mouth.
- Replaced coils
- Changed O rings
- Replaced tank
- Bought a new battery
- Bought the e-liquid again thinking it was a bad batch or I did something
- Bought coils again again thinking it was a bad batch

Now I'm lost! seems to be better when I really lower the wattage.. but I didn't have to do that before!

Back
Top Bottom