What's new

3 days max coils help

I use the X4 coils in me cloud beast. And normally get one and a half to two weeks out of a coil, with me fav. custard juice. I have a super sweet banoffee juice, that will kill the same coils in a day, or less.
Gonna try it in a dripper at an higher ohm, and if it's no better, it's binned.

I've never had a dud Smok coil, but then again, I've only used 2 - one in the TFV4 and one in the TFV8. :D

I have never had a dud either I have used 3. My t8 ran died about 1 hour ago and the q2 in my baby is still going strong which was replaced 6 weeks ago and I only changed it as I was curious about doing it.

Smok' s sweet spot is guaranteed to wreck a coil in five minutes. I run the 0.4 at 40w. Plenty of flavour and your coils will last. You do get a few duds in a pack though so start low and slowly build up to 40w plus saturate that coil in juice first.
The first rule of vape club is never believe a manufacturer recommendation.

I disagree I was running the t8 at 130w for 4 weeks then I got a cold and sore throat and ran it at 95w for 2 I ran my q2 baby at 65w which is the upper limit for the recommended limit for ages

I disagree I was running the t8 at 130w for 4 weeks then I got a cold and sore throat and ran it at 95w for 2 I ran my q2 baby at 65w which is the upper limit for the recommended limit for ages
Can't disagree with your own personal experiences bud just speak of my own.
I can only offer that the original poster can try both methods and see which elongates the life of the coil.
I'm not someone who will slam smok for making the products they make. They offer value at the price point. I do think up until recently flavour hasn't been the ultimate goal but the 0.4 q2 coils on the baby beast are very good for flavour.

Can't disagree with your own personal experiences bud just speak of my own.
I can only offer that the original poster can try both methods and see which elongates the life of the coil.
I'm not someone who will slam smok for making the products they make. They offer value at the price point. I do think up until recently flavour hasn't been the ultimate goal but the 0.4 q2 coils on the baby beast are very good for flavour.
I will add mrs kid has been through about half a dozen packs so far. Probably averaged at least a dud per pack (not at all uncommon and better than some)
Some coils have lasted three weeks plus some three day's and obviously some needed to be binned in five minutes.

I will add mrs kid has been through about half a dozen packs so far. Probably averaged at least a dud per pack (not at all uncommon and better than some)
Some coils have lasted three weeks plus some three day's and obviously some needed to be binned in five minutes.

I agree I would only use the q2 in my baby beast I have two packs. Just change the t8 out of my cloud beast am on the q4 on that. Not sure about it yet when compared to the t8 for flavour

Smok' s sweet spot is guaranteed to wreck a coil in five minutes. I run the 0.4 at 40w. Plenty of flavour and your coils will last. You do get a few duds in a pack though so start low and slowly build up to 40w plus saturate that coil in juice first.
The first rule of vape club is never believe a manufacturer recommendation.
Agreed, the recommendation wattages by Smok on the Q2s seem a bit on the over optimistic side, if you want a coil to last more than 3 days. I use the Q2s in the baby beast at 40w using various juices from 50/50 to 70/30 and get 7 to 10 days use before I get that dodgy flavour, time to change taste.
Just to add, tend to use the baby beast during work hours 5 days a week so about 12 hours a day. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Agreed, the recommendation wattages by Smok on the Q2s seem a bit on the over optimistic side, if you want a coil to last more than 3 days. I use the Q2s in the baby beast at 40w using various juices from 50/50 to 70/30 and get 7 to 10 days use before I get that dodgy flavour, time to change taste.
Just to add, tend to use the baby beast during work hours 5 days a week so about 12 hours a day. [emoji1] [emoji1]

I run mine at 65w lasted a couple of week and I do 10ml a day

Juice is the ultimate variable in how the coil ultimately performs. You can't just go by the vg/pg mix. I've had max vg juices that are far less viscous than some 70/30 juices. Also it's not just the sweetner. Each flavour within that juice has it's own reaction to the coil. For example. You can use a one pound liquid tobacco juice in a tank and the coils last ages and when they do go they are invariably just a little dark. If you run a house of liquid tobacco in the same set up you will probably need a new coil every couple of days. Most of the juice we use we really don't take much notice of the ingredients and some are obviously a trade secret. Sweetener is also an umbrella of ingredients. Could be sucrose, could be stevia and with American juice or style juice there is every chance it's corn syrup.
The way you individually vape can make a difference. If your natural style is a relaxed draw the coil can get very hot and not all the juice is pulled off the coils. This can make two identical vaping set ups life span, vastly different.

Juice is the ultimate variable in how the coil ultimately performs. You can't just go by the vg/pg mix. I've had max vg juices that are far less viscous than some 70/30 juices. Also it's not just the sweetner. Each flavour within that juice has it's own reaction to the coil. For example. You can use a one pound liquid tobacco juice in a tank and the coils last ages and when they do go they are invariably just a little dark. If you run a house of liquid tobacco in the same set up you will probably need a new coil every couple of days. Most of the juice we use we really don't take much notice of the ingredients and some are obviously a trade secret. Sweetener is also an umbrella of ingredients. Could be sucrose, could be stevia and with American juice or style juice there is every chance it's corn syrup.
The way you individually vape can make a difference. If your natural style is a relaxed draw the coil can get very hot and not all the juice is pulled off the coils. This can make two identical vaping set ups life span, vastly different.

I would agree with this. When I see others vape the seem to do it differently to me. I take a drag until my lungs are completly full then I inhale again as its coming out. I do this 3 to 5 times every 15 to 20 minutes. I am not constantly on my vape.

Back
Top Bottom