What's new

3 days max coils help

CrazeUk

Initiate
As the title says im getting 2/3 days out of my q2 0.4ohm baby beast coils vaping @ 50w so below the "sweet spot" for this coil....... im at 2000 puffs since buying the al85 and have already done 6 coils is this normal??

So im vaping at 50w with 70/30 or 80/20 juice not all sweetner heavy juices
i have put a 100ml bottle of dr frost grape ice through last 3 coils in roughly a week or so which is probably high in sweetner

seems expensive in coils if this is normal is it a smok thing or just a general coil issue as ive not been vaping that long to have tried another tank

i dont use that tank or coils but as a norm a coil should last at least 1 or 2 weeks especially as you are using lower wattage.
70/30 should be fine but 80/20 does struggle with a lot of coils.
also depends on how long a inhale you take and how often. if you are chain vaping with lots of puffs then the cotton can dry out a lot quicker and cause dry hits which arent nice.
high sweetner can clog the coils up a lot quicker but it should not be within 2-3 days.

where did you buy the coils from?

i dont use that tank or coils but as a norm a coil should last at least 1 or 2 weeks especially as you are using lower wattage.
70/30 should be fine but 80/20 does struggle with a lot of coils.
also depends on how long a inhale you take and how often. if you are chain vaping with lots of puffs then the cotton can dry out a lot quicker and cause dry hits which arent nice.
high sweetner can clog the coils up a lot quicker but it should not be within 2-3 days.

where did you buy the coils from?

i dont really chain vape like 5/6 puffs every now and then try not to let the coil get to hot so dont chain vape, i dont normally get dry hits but after 2/3 days start to get the bad taste/burnt taste coming through
First few coils came with the kit and newer ones came from a vape shop near me i have just ordered another 10 from fast tech hoping they will last a little longer

I have those coils on my baby beast I have changed mine once and that was just to see what the whole process was about. I have had the alien for about 6 or 7 weeks and it came with the baby but for the last two weeks I have been using the cloud beast. Are you priming and wicking them correctly?

to add it can depend on how you vape if your constantly on it then 3-7 days would be accurate if like my you take 3-5 drags put it down for a few minutes then take another 3-5 drags you should be looking at a couple of weeks, if you only take a couple of drag every hour you should be looking at a month. If you run at crazy wattage then it could be a matter of hours. when I use the q2 coils I run at 65w which is the top end of the recommended range, when I run my cloud beast I run the t8 coil at 95 watt which is 15w under the recommended range.

yep every coil is primed and left at least 1 hour before vaping and i start at like 20/30w for few drags and gradually increase to 50w... dont understand why my coils are going so quick maybe i got a shitty batch or something

you might have a crap batch but if you use juice with lots of sweetners in it then it can destroy coils.

I hear, well @Ment told me Smok coils can be hit and miss... The only real solution is get a RTA when your ready and leave the expensive stock coils behind..

As the title says im getting 2/3 days out of my q2 0.4ohm baby beast coils vaping @ 50w so below the "sweet spot" for this coil....... im at 2000 puffs since buying the al85 and have already done 6 coils is this normal??

So im vaping at 50w with 70/30 or 80/20 juice not all sweetner heavy juices
i have put a 100ml bottle of dr frost grape ice through last 3 coils in roughly a week or so which is probably high in sweetner

seems expensive in coils if this is normal is it a smok thing or just a general coil issue as ive not been vaping that long to have tried another tank
Smok' s sweet spot is guaranteed to wreck a coil in five minutes. I run the 0.4 at 40w. Plenty of flavour and your coils will last. You do get a few duds in a pack though so start low and slowly build up to 40w plus saturate that coil in juice first.
The first rule of vape club is never believe a manufacturer recommendation.

I hear, well @Ment told me Smok coils can be hit and miss... The only real solution is get a RTA when your ready and leave the expensive stock coils behind..

I've never had a dud Smok coil, but then again, I've only used 2 - one in the TFV4 and one in the TFV8. :D

Back
Top Bottom