What's new

Vaping experience

Sandman08

Long time smoker who has not had a cigarette in 3 weeks!
It’s awesome not having empty cigarette packs all over, ashes all over my car, no stinky ashtrays and saving money.
My smell has improved, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not concerned about the I’ll effects of vaping.
With that said I have found it easy to give up the cigarettes and us the vape.
It truly was a last ditch effort!
I watched my brother die at the age of 44 from adenocarcinoma, my sis at the age of 57 died in Oct last year of the same. I may be next but I’m hoping the extend my life for a few more years.
Would you all share you experiences with vaping, how long, how much and what strength?
thanks
Sandy

Welcome to POTV, and congratulations on giving up - Keep it up!
I’m a new vaper. Kicked the cigs a little over 7 months ago having been diagnosed chronic COPD. I was a 25/30 a day smoker and consider myself fortunate that after nearly half a century of smoking was able to kick the analogs into touch overnight.
I MTL vape quite a bit and am currently on 10/12mg nic strength although I now looking to cut the nic levels back.
I tried 20mg when I bought my first mod and juices but found that far too strong. And I don’t really like any juices with a tobacco flavour anymore (I was unable to find anything that actually tasted anything like a cigarette).
This is a great forum for advice & help and if you have any questions just ask. There are no stupid questions :)
Good luck on your journey.

Hi and welcome @Sandman08 . Sorry for your loss.
Have been vaping since 2015 and not had any ill effects from it. If you stick with all the reputable eliquid brands you will be fine.
I am a MTL vaper and started with 18mg strength. I went down to 12mg several years later and have stayed on that strength. I probably get through 4 to 5 ml each day vaping between 12 to 14 watts.

:hello:and :welcome1:to the planet.
Congrats on giving up smoking sorry to hear of your loss i have been vaping now for nine years i use 3mg mostly custard juices these days with mech mods good luck with your vaping journey.

Last edited:
Long time smoker who has not had a cigarette in 3 weeks!
It’s awesome not having empty cigarette packs all over, ashes all over my car, no stinky ashtrays and saving money.
My smell has improved, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not concerned about the I’ll effects of vaping.
With that said I have found it easy to give up the cigarettes and us the vape.
It truly was a last ditch effort!
I watched my brother die at the age of 44 from adenocarcinoma, my sis at the age of 57 died in Oct last year of the same. I may be next but I’m hoping the extend my life for a few more years.
Would you all share you experiences with vaping, how long, how much and what strength?
thanks
Sandy
Welcome. Vaped since 2016. 3mg DTL.
Recently had the full check up, scans, xrays, ultra sounds and stress tests. Lungs all clear, heart valves working good, no blockages, all good.

Hello @Sandman08 and welcome to POTV. Congrats on quitting the cigs, keep it up!

Been vaping for 6 years, started at 6mg DTL, quickly dropped to 3mg and now vape 1mg be it DTL or RDL. I also use 10mg salts in MTL pods. Lungs much healthier than they ever were during my 35 years of smoking 20-30 a day.

Hi and:welcome1: to the forum. Enjoy your vaping journey, sorry for the loss of family members. I’ve been vaping for 18 months now enjoying it immensely down to 3 ml of nicotine now using a mixture of regulated mods and some pod kits I vape fruit flavours mostly, good luck getting off cigarettes.:2thumbsup:

Hi @Sandman08 , well done getting off the ciggies, keep it up. I was a 40 a day roll up smoker and made the switch to vaping over 8ys ago now. Sadly there is a lot of bad press around vaping, most of it incorrect.
My doctor advised that I stop smoking due to lung issues before it got the better of me. Started on 18mg nic and gradually reduced that over the years down to between 3mg and 6mg depending on the kit I'm using.
My health has drastically improved, my lungs looking pretty good now with no shortness of breath anymore.
Good luck on your vaping journey. If you have any questions, ask away, lots of good helpful and knowledgeable folk on here to help.

Welcome to POTV.

You`ve done the hard bit and respect for that.

For me the early days of vaping were like a voyage of experimentation and discovery, I started off on cigalikes and progressed onto the Ego type kit then Kanger and so on.

That was about 12 years ago, today I rebuild my atties and mix my own juices for the most part. I was a heavy smoker and I`m a heavy vaper, if my vape isn`t in my hand it`s within reach and I dont feel that vaping has taken a toll on my health, I keep passing my MOT. See that`s the thing with a lot of these so called studies, the research isn`t targeted in the right places and some of the research is funded by companies with a vested interest in showing vaping in a poor light.

Pretty soon you`ll have a favourite vape kit and a rotation of juices and most importantly you`ll be a none smoker.

Last edited:
Been almost 4 years for me, Started on 18mg mtl . now I use 9mg for mtl and 1.5mg for dtl occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom