What's new

Trying to quit

XaloRodriguez

Postman
Hello vapers

I'm 43 years old and smoked since age 18.

I'm struggling to quit those damned cigs
I tried every vape thing. Rta rda subohm and mtl. You name it. I was cig free 11 months. Only vaped and really enjoyed. Then something happened I went back to cigs again. It's really disgusting and i feel really bad. My body can really feel the those chemicals in cigs.

For 2 days ago I went back to my vape pen again. Now I'm using a mtl tank with 11mg nicotine with a 0.60ohm coil. Uwell Whirl tank. But that's just to much for me. So I'm planning to get down to 7mg. I have 4 kids. The last one is a 6 years old. Every time I look at him I'm thinking about if something happens to me he will lost me. The thing is he is very bounded to me. He always says daddy daddy. I'm feel like shit when he looking for me. Sometimes he founds me outside where I'm smoking. And he says dad you smell weird and not good. Not only him... All four kids says please daddy stop smoking. You smell like a ashtray.

Well.... I have enough motivation to quit those stinky and deadly things. But physically Im looking for cigarettes. And I know how they smell and tastes and they will kill me.

Please help me Guys...what can I do.
I'm feeling really stupid and guilty.
I just think this is enough. When I smoke cigs my body feels like shit.

Hey @XaloRodriguez

Welcome to potv and trust me we have all been in this situation where we want to quit and struggled
I quit nearly 5 months ago now, im am 42 & was smoking since 17, i know how u feel. Trust me, with the right device, willpower and support u can do it again.

Now everyone has different opinions on what to use when giving up. I can only share what works for me and my general experience.

I wrote a diary on here, pls feel free to read it, it details my journey.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/posts/2122530/

For me i needed something that was a close to a cigarette feel as possible which is why i still stand by a good mtl device, at the time it was the Uwell Caliburn and i used 20mg nic salts as they deliver quick nicotine, like a cigarette but taste better and not so harsh. For others they used a tank with 6mg or 12 mg freebase. Everyone is different. You have try and see what works.
I still use nic salts but am now o 10.mg ans use a different device.

Good luck and please ask as many questions as u need there is also a lot of info on this forum that will help you, the people are very supportive. I owe a lot to this forum

Hi @XaloRodriguez , welcome to the forum.

Your story sounds much like a lot of people's on here. I struggled and failed to stop the first time, MTL didn't work for me, I had to have a lungful to keep me happy, so no shame in trying again, just experiment to get to your happy place.

I entered into the psychological war with myself and sold vaping to my brain as an alternative nicotine delivery system, that way you can convince yourself the only thing you are truthfully giving up on are the parts of smoking that have the highest probability of doing you harm.

As Dee says, good luck with it and ask away if you have any questions.

Hi @XaloRodriguez , welcome to the forum.

Your story sounds much like a lot of people's on here. I struggled and failed to stop the first time, MTL didn't work for me, I had to have a lungful to keep me happy, so no shame in trying again, just experiment to get to your happy place.

I entered into the psychological war with myself and sold vaping to my brain as an alternative nicotine delivery system, that way you can convince yourself the only thing you are truthfully giving up on are the parts of smoking that have the highest probability of doing you harm.

As Dee says, good luck with it and ask away if you have any questions.
:clapping::10:

Hi, you are i the right place, no worries, you will fix it. there are a gazillion of devices now out and the same amount of juices. I would stay clear of tabacco flavours are they are never tabacco unless you can afford to buy N.E.T. juice. Many smokers want high nicotine and tabacco flavours to simulate a fag, it is impossible.

Again this is personal opinion might not work for you.
As device, if you can buy a new one, go for the Think Vape zeta, small and good for everything. the 1 ohm mtl coils are crazy good and you will find that a lot of people here agree. The rba is also super for mtl or dtl. You can put some clouds, you can run salts... really one of the best all in ones and is dirt cheap.
As juice get some cheap £1 88vape liquid from a poundland in 6-11-18mg nic and see which one gives you the right throat hit. I vape mtl 6mg, anything above is to harsh for me. I also have some 20mg nic salt but it hits like a 6mg freebase and I can feel that I get too much nic, I love flavour and chain vaping 20mg salts is not good.
Also what kit do you have ?

:hello:and :welcome1:to the planet.
Just stick to the vaping some find it hard to stick to vaping when they start others find it easy it took me 3 attempts before i took up vaping full time but i'am glad i did stick with it now i just kept saying to myself that i'am not a smoker anymore i vape now when i did try the 3rd time i moved from a 12mg nic juice to a 6mg that was ok for a while then i thought i would give 3mg ago and that was it for me ive not looked back since so like i say stick with it you will get there in the end good luck.

Hi and welcome to the community. For me I just dual fueled until I was actually ready to give up the cigs. Eventually I just hated the taste and preferred the taste of vaping and so the transition was slow but worked out for me. I'm not sure feeling guilty and beating yourself up is the right motivation as you can end up fighting yourself over it. Anyway, you are in good company as we all have struggled with this.

Hi @XaloRodriguez and welcome to POTV Forums, Im 41 and smoked from 16 quit a few months ago and today I only Vape, stick with the vaping mate you will get there and do ask questions your in the right place :2thumbsup:

Welcome to the planet.
Keep trying mate, you will get there in the end.
As @rew said, don't beat yourself up. My biggest problem when I tried stopping smoking was the demons in my head arguing with me. The thought of never having a cigarette was so hard for me to cope with.
When I took up vaping 5.5 yrs ago I only ever intended to cut down the fags and this way I didn't feel any pressure to stop. Over about 3 months doing both I came to enjoy vaping so much more that I didn't like the taste or feeling of smoking anymore.
I made vaping an interest and hobby and said if I wanted to have a ciggy I will, my choice and at least I would not smoke much.
This was 5 yrs ago and not had one cigarette in that time.
What I'm trying to say is never say never, that way worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom