What's new

One more cheeky monkey!

Hi and welcome to the planet. Be careful looking at Fasttech, it's a slippery slope into shinyitis.

I'm more indecisive about what tank to start with than anything else(pretty set on the mod now), i have no gauge of what level of tightness i like for the draw on the tank other than what i'm use to with the Fuse 650, Berserker, Siren 2 and Galaxies are on my shortlist currently though.

Again big thanks for the very warm welcome everyone! :)

I'm more indecisive about what tank to start with than anything else(pretty set on the mod now), i have no gauge of what level of tightness i like for the draw on the tank other than what i'm use to with the Fuse 650, Berserker, Siren 2 and Galaxies are on my shortlist currently though.

Again big thanks for the very warm welcome everyone! :)
The only one of those I've used is the Berserker, which is in my hand right now. At first I found it really tight, but now I've got used to it I love it! :D

Another one that's had a lot of great reviews on here is the Coppervape Dwarv that you can buy airflow adaptors kits for a couple of quid. But can't comment on that because it hasn't arrived yet ;)

The only one of those I've used is the Berserker, which is in my hand right now. At first I found it really tight, but now I've got used to it I love it! :D

Another one that's had a lot of great reviews on here is the Coppervape Dwarv that you can buy airflow adaptors kits for a couple of quid. But can't comment on that because it hasn't arrived yet ;)

My current thinking is to aim toward a tighter draw tank and open the airflow as much as needed(all the way if necessary) if the draw is a bit too tight. I'd rather a little too tight, than too airy and unsatisfying. TBH, i've never sucked on a vape i didn't like(flavour preferences aside), even DL, but for long term use i definitely need something that gives a distinct throat hit that fulfills that old smoking itch.

I do like the idea of trying some Coppervape/clone hardware, but starting out with my first serious mod, i think i'd feel more comfortable going for an authentic tank first, and dabbling later once i have something to get a baseine from, with regard to what works and feels right for me(beyond my current no frills starter unit).

Which berserker are you using btw? The full size or the mini?

I've got a berserker and a siren 2 and love them both. I use the siren 2 more I think, you can open the vents up a little more for a looser draw than the berserker but still enough resistance to feel like you're dragging on something. The siren 2 is also probably slightly easier to wick.

My current thinking is to aim toward a tighter draw tank and open the airflow as much as needed(all the way if necessary) if the draw is a bit too tight. I'd rather a little too tight, than too airy and unsatisfying. TBH, i've never sucked on a vape i didn't like(flavour preferences aside), even DL, but for long term use i definitely need something that gives a distinct throat hit that fulfills that old smoking itch.

I do like the idea of trying some Coppervape/clone hardware, but starting out with my first serious mod, i think i'd feel more comfortable going for an authentic tank first, and dabbling later once i have something to get a baseine from, with regard to what works and feels right for me(beyond my current no frills starter unit).

Which berserker are you using btw? The full size or the mini?

I had the berserker at it's most open airflow when I started on it, and still do lol. It's the full size :)

I've got a berserker and a siren 2 and love them both. I use the siren 2 more I think, you can open the vents up a little more for a looser draw than the berserker but still enough resistance to feel like you're dragging on something. The siren 2 is also probably slightly easier to wick.

Oooh must look up this Siren 2 you speak of.... more window shopping! :yahoo:

Why is it called a GTA? What's the G for?

Fasttech ~£17 for the 4.5 ml version with MAP code if you can wait for the ship date.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/8733403

Literally no idea what GTA stands for in this instance, or whether they do one that isn't GTA :18:

Edit: I think G stands for genesis style, which means the wick hangs down into the ejuice. I could be completely wrong though. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along to explain more betterer.

I'm torn between the two at this point(both look great tanks tbh), it's a small difference in price between them once you apply the MAP code and both have their fair share of praise but also people that don't get on with them for one reason or another. It may end up literally being a case of ordering whichever happens to be in stock at the time. I'll be buying a whole bunch of stuff, so shall split the order into several smaller ones and add the protective packing option on the important parts most liable to get damaged in transit.

How do you think a Siren 2/Berserker (using 28ga kanthal) will feel comparatively with a 650mah pen on 1.6ohm coils?

I'm torn between the two at this point(both look great tanks tbh), it's a small difference in price between them once you apply the MAP code and both have their fair share of praise but also people that don't get on with them for one reason or another. It may end up literally being a case of ordering whichever happens to be in stock at the time. I'll be buying a whole bunch of stuff, so shall split the order into several smaller ones and add the protective packing option on the important parts most liable to get damaged in transit.

How do you think a Siren 2/Berserker (using 28ga kanthal) will feel comparatively with a 650mah pen on 1.6ohm coils?
Protective packing is free on all orders from FT :)

Back
Top Bottom