What's new

Ohms Rising

It could be the Clapton are not tight enough or been pulled and played with too much when installing, could also be the Clapton is just shit.

I have some crap ones, and I have the wire move all over, and moving.

Reference your mod speak to vendor / manufacturer about your concerns.

Especially if the coil is behaving on other mods.

It maybe an issue they are aware off.

Good luck

attachment.php
upload_2016-11-10_21-18-28-gif.109788
Hello @BeechiOneKenobi , nice to meet you Mate !!!

Hi @BeechiOneKenobi - clapton coil is often two different metal wires (kanthal & SS for example) and depending on how the coil ends are secured you could get variations in resistance readings and then you just re-seat them but if reading is steady on the Therion then the other mod sounds like suspect. Different mods will read a little differently but big fluctuations shouldn't happen. Could be something loose behind the 510 on the mod so I would take it back or email if bought online and explain what's happening.
Welcome to the forum!

Hi there and welcome to the Plant @BeechiOneKenobi - I'd have also guessed at SS wire. SS is my go to wire and I always notice the rise in ohm readings which kinda bugs me but I know its normal for that to happen. The fluctuation is rarely more than an ohm or so but its definitely noticeable as the wire gets progressively warmer. Chances are your clapton coil could have SS316L wire in there but if its very large fluctuations and happening only on one mod then a dodgy 510/mod could be a possibility.

To determine if the mod is faulty try using another tank - one that you are pretty sure of, if that reads differentley on the Paranormal then it likely a faukty mod...

Back
Top Bottom