What's new

not new to vaping but all my wire for coils are getting old and dodgy

rustypeb

Postman
I usaly vape single coil at around 1-1.5ohms used to use 1mm diameter coils but trying 2-3 mm dimeter coils recently but need to order some new wires but nit sure what to get for what i need all i know is i dont use or tend to use temp control and there sill mostly be used in the sxk billet ox and sxk rbd's for them,

any ideas

would be great

thanks

Go to Stealthvape and get some reels of Kanthal, 27g & 28g. I use these for 2.5mm ID coils all the time for MTL.

thanks just ordered 10m of 28 and 27 gage wire and got some cotton free just wish i could get a tool with the different diameters on with out using drill bits

Wire for coils are getting old and dodgy ?
Is this really a thing ?

I have never heard anyone say their wire was past its best before date.
I can imagine it might be a thing with some wires, kept in an unfriendly environment.
Just if it was a thing, then i would have expected to hear about it.

I only use kanthal. I bought a lifetime supply from stealthvape (probably several lifetimes worth) six years ago.
I have never thought for a minute that it might degrade to a point it became dodgy.

@rustypeb what is dodgy about your wire? What type of wire? Was it stored in a particularly wire unfriendly environment ?
Anybody else had age related wire problems ?

Nope, that's a new one on me. Maybe kept in a damp environment and rust has formed on it? Even though I don't use Temp Control but I do use SS316L. It handles both Temp and Power modes well. I just checked and I have a 250 ft spool and I bought it probably 4 years ago and I doubt if I have used 25 feet and no problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom