What's new

Noob to mixing - lurking for help!

stevemac94

Hi all, im stephen, 23 from Cumbria, England.

Just here to get some help in mixing my juices. Pleased to meet you all.

Hi Stephen & welcome. I'm sure you'll get any help you need here.

Hi mate, maybe you could answer a quick one, Im mixing FA flavours with some Koolada. Im mixing black cherry, and lemon II and Orange Cream (not all together, each flavour with some koolada)
What sort of percentage should I be adding for the concentrates? Was advised to use around 4% for the main flavour and 1% koolada for an icey tone. is that about right for those 3 flavours or not?

Thanks mate.

Welcome stephen. Flavor Art suggest 2-3% for the fruits. Koolada depends on how cold you like it to be. Maybe test with 3 drops per 10ml of juice and add to taste.

Hi mate, maybe you could answer a quick one, Im mixing FA flavours with some Koolada. Im mixing black cherry, and lemon II and Orange Cream (not all together, each flavour with some koolada)
What sort of percentage should I be adding for the concentrates? Was advised to use around 4% for the main flavour and 1% koolada for an icey tone. is that about right for those 3 flavours or not?

Thanks mate.
Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
Koolada at 1% gives a good coldness. Anything from 0.5 to 2% is useful depending on how cold you want it but Koolada does mute flavours so 5% is probably a respectable level to try your FA concentrates. Best of luck.

Edit: Ha, sorry. I see from your other thread that you're referring to The Permumer's/Flavour Apprentice concentrates. Confused me as typically FA refers to Flavour Art and those you mention as TFA or TPA. You might need a higher % with those (you might not) as TFA tend to be a little weaker than FA, but if you make small samples, it's easy to make a few at different percentages and learn quickly what you think of them.

Last edited:
Sorry mate my mistake, I assumed the opposite that they were the same. Yeah think I'll try 10ml first with one flavour and koolada, being 7ml vg, 2.5ml pg, 0.4ml flavour and 0.1ml koolada, to see if it tastes nice. I'm guessing it's a shake and vape with these concentrates or do I steep them?

Sorry mate my mistake, I assumed the opposite that they were the same. Yeah think I'll try 10ml first with one flavour and koolada, being 7ml vg, 2.5ml pg, 0.4ml flavour and 0.1ml koolada, to see if it tastes nice. I'm guessing it's a shake and vape with these concentrates or do I steep them?
Yes, pretty much. They will change over a few days, but good to go, yes.

Sucralose (TFA Sweetener) and/or Ethyl Maltol are very useful for most fruit juices if you fancy picking those up sometime.

I should explain, sorry. Ethyl Maltol takes fruits that taste watery when you vape them and brings out a fullness of flavour in them, while thickening up the mouth feel as well as sweetening them. Brilliant additive. Sweetener primarily adds sweetness, if you want it or the juice needs it.

Back
Top Bottom