What's new

New to vaping

Melley12313

Hi everyone I’m new to all this so bare with me not even sure if I’m posting correctly. So I started vaping 2 weeks ago when I decided to give up smoking I used to smoke roughly 15 cigarettes a day benson and hedges sky blue. I purchased a blu device and e liquid probably not the best choice that I’ve learnt now. Been using the 9mg nicotine it’s been making me feel really nauseous and dizzy and headache. Someone said check the VG levels go I emailed the company as it wasn’t stated on the packaging and they said it contains 65PG and 35VG someone said maybe get the 50\50 one and lower the nicotine. Well blu don’t do any lower so I need some advice and recommendations please thank you

Welcome to the forum @Melley12313

I removed your poll as it clearly wasn't intentional or needed. When you post you can just ignore the poll section unless you actually want to add one.

Other members will be along to offer advice shortly. :)

Hi and welcome @Melley12313 :D

Nausea and headaches are signs of too much nicotine in my experience. Vaping, when I first started it, did not provide the same effect or experience as smoking, which is a given really. I had a small AIO (All In One) device, kind of like those Blu things, which I never put down because I always felt like I needed more of it to satisfy my craving. This led to feeling sick and not really enjoying it, which almost made me give up and go back to smoking.

What you have been told already with the lower strength liquid may help, but you will obviously need to get a different device, this I can't really help with as I am far too deep in the rabbit hole now and use rebuildable devices which are not really beginner friendly.

With vape devices, you may or may not know, there are two main styles MTL (Mouth To Lung) which is the closest to emulating the inhale style of a cigarette and DTL (Direct To Lung), which as it suggests it just a straight inhale. If the style of the Blu devices suits you look at getting something MTL like a small pod system or an AIO device. @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) is our resident pod expert here, hopefully she will have some nice suggestions to help you out here.

Above all keep trying, you'll get there with time.

Hey there @Melley12313

Firstly :welcome2: to potv and well done on moving off the B&H and onto vaping, we have all been there and its a fab feeling! Good job there.

Ok so yes i agree it could a number of things causing the nausea ie: nic level, brand of juice.

So not sure where u stand on being able to purchase a pod kit, if u are not financially able to do so please let me know and i may have something here i can send u.

So i would recommend something simple where you can use a varied range of juice, trial and error is something i have been through as has many others.

Have a look at some of the reviews, see if anything takes your fancy

I would suggest:

Uwell KoKo (original one)
Aspire AVP Cube
Xtal Pod by ZQ

Get yourself some nic salts maybe? What flavours do u like?
When i gave up i didn't get nic sick and i was using 20mg nic salt juices, now on 10mg or 5 dependent on my day

Hi and welcome @Melley12313 :D

Nausea and headaches are signs of too much nicotine in my experience. Vaping, when I first started it, did not provide the same effect or experience as smoking, which is a given really. I had a small AIO (All In One) device, kind of like those Blu things, which I never put down because I always felt like I needed more of it to satisfy my craving. This led to feeling sick and not really enjoying it, which almost made me give up and go back to smoking.

What you have been told already with the lower strength liquid may help, but you will obviously need to get a different device, this I can't really help with as I am far too deep in the rabbit hole now and use rebuildable devices which are not really beginner friendly.

With vape devices, you may or may not know, there are two main styles MTL (Mouth To Lung) which is the closest to emulating the inhale style of a cigarette and DTL (Direct To Lung), which as it suggests it just a straight inhale. If the style of the Blu devices suits you look at getting something MTL like a small pod system or an AIO device. @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) is our resident pod expert here, hopefully she will have some nice suggestions to help you out here.

Above all keep trying, you'll get there with time.
Thank you yes I thought maybe I was having to much nicotine but I have only been vaping about 2ml of 9mg nicotine I didn’t think that was too much? This is all new to me I have order some different e liquid that is 6mg and 50PG 50VG do you think this will be more suited for me? I think I can use different e liquids in my blu device. I do need to look into getting a different device but maybe I need to try work out with liquid I best suits me

Hey there @Melley12313

Firstly :welcome2: to potv and well done on moving off the B&H and onto vaping, we have all been there and its a fab feeling! Good job there.

Ok so yes i agree it could a number of things causing the nausea ie: nic level, brand of juice.

So not sure where u stand on being able to purchase a pod kit, if u are not financially able to do so please let me know and i may have something here i can send u.

So i would recommend something simple where you can use a varied range of juice, trial and error is something i have been through as has many others.

Have a look at some of the reviews, see if anything takes your fancy

I would suggest:

Uwell KoKo (original one)
Aspire AVP Cube
Xtal Pod by ZQ

Get yourself some nic salts maybe? What flavours do u like?
When i gave up i didn't get nic sick and i was using 20mg nic salt juices, now on 10mg or 5 dependent on my day
Thank you this is all new to me and yes I can purchase a pod kit. Can I ask what nic salts are? I like strawberry and blueberry flavours

Welcome @Melley12313 you have come to the right place to get assistance. As you’ve already found we have lots of great people to help you in your journey.

Thank you yes I thought maybe I was having to much nicotine but I have only been vaping about 2ml of 9mg nicotine I didn’t think that was too much? This is all new to me I have order some different e liquid that is 6mg and 50PG 50VG do you think this will be more suited for me? I think I can use different e liquids in my blu device. I do need to look into getting a different device but maybe I need to try work out with liquid I best suits me
Really it all depends how much you smoked before trying vaping, I would not have thought 2ml of 9mg was too much, but I was a heavy smoker before I started out with vaping, probably close to 40 rollups a day most days. I started on 18mg juice and was going though a 10ml bottle every couple of days.

Nic juice comes in two types salt and freebase, salt is less harsh on your throat so can be used in higher strengths.

potv-ani-gif.210337

Back
Top Bottom