What's new

New to vaping

Andrew jackson

Initiate
Hi everyone im a 47yr old male with health problems who needs to stop smoking. I’m a newbie to vaping but I’m having trouble starting off. I’ve bought a light 40s vape it’s not the first I’ve tried, I’ve tried a few others in the past. Even tried different types of liquid at different strengths. Problem is every time I try to use the vape I cough so much it hurts, I really need to stop smoking due to a Heart condition so please can anyone help. It would be so much appreciated like I say I’m new to this and may be doing something wrong and with the current Covid 19 situation I can’t just go to a vape store for help. So any help please. Thank you Andy.

Maybe you should try an MTL setup, some folks prefer the style of vape you have but most starters like something a bit more like a cigarette.

Hi and welcome, what are you using to vape? What liquid and what strength of nicotine are you using, and what do you feel is making you cough when you vape, how many cigs were you smoking per day, if we know these things we can better advise

Additionally is it the nicotine you are craving or the habit of smoking ?

potv-ani-gif.210337

Hi @Andrew jackson and welcome to the planet.

as cozy mentioned in post 4 above we need a bit more info before we can advise.

is this your kit

if so this is a cloud chaser starter kit so for direct to lung vaping and best with 3mg nicotine strength. the higher the nic the more you will cough. it also looks like it is a fixed 40watt output so quite high output for a new vaper.
i think you really need a mouth to lung kit which can be used at much lower wattage so you can use higher nicotine to wean you off the cigs. sadly a mouth to lung tank will not be any good on this battery mod as it will still push out a fixed 40watts.

put it down to a bad buy and ask here before you buy anything else.

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum. Probably a bit more info needed like Cozy asked above but you'll get lots of advice and information from folks here.

I'm 4 months into vaping and had 2 attempts at it before quitting the cigs. The 1st attempt was scuppered due to the coughing. I coughed a lot on the 2nd attempt too but decided to persevere. The cough lasted about 3 days and then stopped. I still get an occasional cough now, it's usually brought on by nic salts so I avoid those.

I started with an Aspire Pockex with 1.2 coil with various 18mg tobacco flavours from the local vapeshop. When I moved onto Lemon Tart by Dinner Lady 50/50 18mg the coughing subsided.

I found that by letting the e-cig do the work i.e. don't try and draw on it like a cigarette, just let the vapour flow into your mouth, my throat was more relaxed and didn't get so irritated.

Some people find higher pg liquids make them less vulnerable to coughing.

I now use the Artery Pal II Pro with a 1.0 ohm coil because the flavour lasts longer than with the Pockex.

Hope you find a good set up for you, it may take a while but stick with it, you'll be so much better for it.

Good luck
Angela

Hi and Welcome to the Planet @Andrew jackson , I would suggest a Pod Mod and Nic Salts to start off with, Salts at the right temperature and in the right pod mod should ease your cravings, I would suggest chatting to @DeeDee about a good pod system and Nic Salts are available at most Liquid vendors, the salts are nice from 88Vape and only £1.00 for 10 mil, if your looking for a sweet liquid i would suggest Berries or Sweet Strawberry, i like the Tobacco flavour from them as well. Good Luck on staying off the ciggies.

Back
Top Bottom