What's new

Hi helpful people! Moving up in the vaping world...

RICHtea

Initiate
Hey all!

Pretty common story I'm guessing...Quit fags starting on the usual pen vape, moved to better kit, then sub ohm..which I love but I do not love the cost of coils!

So, I wanna get into rebuilables but wouldn't know an RTA chimney from an RDA mouthpiece if they simultaneously dry hit me! Theres A LOT online, but it's pretty all over the place, so I'm hoping you guys can lead me down a path towards rebuildable victory.

I think I'll go RTA, as I'm not sure I can be bothered with constant dripping (did I get that bit right?). Would you suggest buying pre-msde coils to begin with until I get an idea of what I'm doing?

And then there's kit...any advice would be welcomed.

Whilst I'm asking, I'd like to start brewing my own juice too! It sounds so simple (almost too simple) so if there are any of the finer points I should be aware if, that usually only experience would give me..I'd be grateful for the heads up.

Its great to be here :)

Rich

Also maybe I should say..I currently vape using 0.4ohm coils at around 50-70 Watts. That's pretty good for me, so would you use that as a starting point for rebuildables?

I want gorgeous flavour, decent clouds and a smooth vape..all at a fraction of the cost. That's not too much to ask, surely?! Lol

Hi and welcome @RICHtea . I'm strictly low watts so can't help. Good luck with it though and I'm sure someone will be along to help.

Hello @RICHtea and welcome to POTV. You've covered the gamut of topics there in one go :)

What mod are you currently using?

Some RTA's I like. Dovpo Blotto Max, Blotto 1.5, Oxva Arbiter 2, Kylin M Pro (this is mesh, might not be what you are after).

There's a whole section on mixing - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/advanced-pv-mod-making-and-diy-discussion/mixology/

I am sure others will be along soon to offer more advice. Good luck!

That's a great start, thanks!
My go to Mod is the uwell crown 4. It's how quickly their mesh coils go caput, that's pushing me towards RTA's. I've tried everything from changing the vg/pg mix of the juices I use, finding ones with less sweetener, changing the flavour profiles I vape...none of it makes too much difference. Its time to build and mix!
Thanks again :)

Hi @RICHtea, Yeah get into the rebuildables, and go for an RTA. I’m the same as @hack400 all they tanks he’s mentioned is spot on.

I would go for the Blotto V1.5 as it’s brilliant with just a single coil, to get you started off. So is the Arbiter V2 with the single.

But you’ll save a small fortune not buying them stock coils rebuild is the way to go and
D4C2E99F-486B-4CF4-8115-9FC9369B10B8.jpeg

Hi @RICHtea, Yeah get into the rebuildables, and go for an RTA. I’m the same as @hack400 all they tanks he’s mentioned is spot on.

I would go for the Blotto V1.5 as it’s brilliant with just a single coil, to get you started off. So is the Arbiter V2 with the single.

But you’ll save a small fortune not buying them stock coils rebuild is the way to go andView attachment 276578
Hi reggie and thanks
Yeah I was just reading about the arbiter. It seems to be a well loved RTA. It's the first time I've looked at build instructions and it seems pretty simple..I didn't even realise that they come with coils and cotton initially. That's helpful.
You'd go with a single coil initially then? The guy I was just reading said not to bother. Horses for courses I guess

Just gonna chuck squonking into the mix for ya too. Lol. Nitrous rda using a single coil , single battery squonk mod, running at 60w.

Back
Top Bottom