What's new

Hello.

jarjns

Initiate
Hello everyone, I am over at e-cigarette forum but the UK forum on there doesn't seem to be very active so I thought I'd find a new place more for UK users. I am still smoking normal cigs but I have cut down to half cigs/half vaping so getting there, albeit slowly. I got myself a eGo-T with a clearomizer last weekend, seems to be a good choice, decent amount of smoke, think it has a 1000mAh battery. I have still got a Liberro Realis that I bought a while ago but that hasn't seen a lot of use to be honest. Just trying to find a nice liquid that doesn't make my chest tight, some seem to for some reason.

Hi and welcome Jarjns! Glad you found us :) Check out this thread for some common side effects of making the switch to vaping.

What is the PG/VG ratio on the juices you have tried to date?

Hi, this is what I've vaped so far:

-Johnson Creek Red Oak Domestic PG Free
-Dekang RY4 80/20 PG/VG
-Grizwald Black Cat (Just says PG/VG Mix)
-Liberro Purity Apple Windfall and Cherry (Just says "Contains Propylene Glycol (PG)")
-Liberro Turkish Blend and Euro Blend (Also just says "Contains Propylene Glycol (PG)")

Dekang seems to make my chest a bit tight, like wheezy breathing. The Apple does as well to some extent. The one out of them all that doesn't seem to have any negative effect on me is the Liberro Turkish Blend. I am vaping this at the moment and it is nice. Grizwald Black Cat isn't bad either taste wise, not sure about the effect on me as I haven't vaped a load of it (5ml sampler).

What seems a bit weird is that PG or VG doesn't seem to make much difference, maybe it's the flavourings? Looking at the list though, seems to be the VG ones that do it more.

Welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you find something that tickles your palate and not your chest. What flavours do you like? Or think you might like?

I think my favourite out of what I've tried has to be Liberro's Turkish Blend :)

I am now wondering if you have some sort of allergy to ethyl maltol or sucralose? Because out of the above, the tobacco flavours are the least likely to contain it, excepting RY4 which is usually sweetened and contains caramel.

Most of those juices though are a 70/30 PG/VG mix, to me it sounds like the PG intolerance, plus with the continued smoking, the lungs are working for both smoke and vapour... check out the side effects link i posted in my initial reply, my husband had the tight chest for a few weeks, he upped his water intake and went to a VG stronger juice and it went away, not over night though

I am now wondering if you have some sort of allergy to ethyl maltol or sucralose? Because out of the above, the tobacco flavours are the least likely to contain it, excepting RY4 which is usually sweetened and contains caramel.

Possibly, but I'm pretty fortunate to have never had any allergies my entire life so I'm not too sure. I'm going to get some more liquids this Monday to try out, I think it's just a case of trying as many out as I can to find "the one" :)

I just thought of an idea, I seen on a liquid DIY site you can buy PG and VG to mix liquids yourself. I might get two little samplers of each and vape a bit of each and see which one causes any problems.

Most of those juices though are a 70/30 PG/VG mix, to me it sounds like the PG intolerance, plus with the continued smoking, the lungs are working for both smoke and vapour... check out the side effects link i posted in my initial reply, my husband had the tight chest for a few weeks, he upped his water intake and went to a VG stronger juice and it went away, not over night though

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. You are all night people I take it ;)

Yeh, good advice. I'm thinking of stopping the cigs on Monday to be honest. £7.67p for 20 Regal is a bit daft!

Back
Top Bottom