What's new

HELLO!

Hi RainbowPunk, sounds very similar to my current path, brought my first vape kit, a Pockex last week and last cig on Monday. Already trying to decide on my next device!! I got 3 flavours from Wizmix as part of the Pockex deal but have brought a few different ones and currently giving CCD3 by Charlie's Chalk Dust a go and its ace. I'm now hoping my wife can move on to vaping now as well, its only been a few days but its incredible how much more the smell of smoke is noticeable!

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, congrats on quitting :)
Congrats to you too! I think there is a lot to learn and it’s fun finding out so hopefully would be a nice common interest to share with your wife. Good luck!

Hi mate, welcome.
Diy juice is pretty easy, you can make it for a fraction shop ones cost and you can be sure of the ingredients. You save heaps.
I am intrigued by this idea! Will defo be looking into this. I can picture myself in a motor home, Breaking Bad style with all my test tubes and glass jars haha

Srsly though, I would like to try this. Would you recommend a particular starter kit? Or just get the vg/pg base and some flavours? I would probs just make 0mg and add a nic shot afterwards

I am intrigued by this idea! Will defo be looking into this. I can picture myself in a motor home, Breaking Bad style with all my test tubes and glass jars haha

Srsly though, I would like to try this. Would you recommend a particular starter kit? Or just get the vg/pg base and some flavours? I would probs just make 0mg and add a nic shot afterwards
Hi mate, I'm really particular and fussy about my gear. Not many use the things I like here. So I'm best to leave the recommendations to others who have a wider more varied preference vape wise. But definitely get into DIY, just before you do to save yourself wasting money on useless concentrates, throw up a thread here saying what you like or want, vaping style, nic level, gear you use and you will get a plethora, cool word that one I like it, reminds me of the Three Amigos movie, of advice. :thumbup:
Breaking bad in the van mixing your stuff, I like it. :18:

Hi mate, I'm really particular and fussy about my gear. Not many use the things I like here. So I'm best to leave the recommendations to others who have a wider more varied preference vape wise. But definitely get into DIY, just before you do to save yourself wasting money on useless concentrates, throw up a thread here saying what you like or want, vaping style, nic level, gear you use and you will get a plethora, cool word that one I like it, reminds me of the Three Amigos movie, of advice. :thumbup:
Breaking bad in the van mixing your stuff, I like it. :18:
Three amigos ::chuckle:: whenever I think of Steve Martin, I imagine him with the long nose!

Will take your advice about the thread, thanks! Defo need to invest in the big white knickers and the green apron first!

Hi, thanks for the welcome message... it’s a lovely feeling to to feel self conscious about stinking of fags! And I was thinking I would be saving money too but the rate I am going through this custard I might end up spending the same !

Anyway in answer to your question, I got the batteries from SMKD (Samsung brand 18650). Is there a way to verify the authenticity of the batteries? On my aspire kits there is a scratch and sniff verification code but the batteries came without packaging (although I did get a case to keep them in just in case I take them out of the mod)

Also thanks for the links. Have you heard of Crucial Vapours? I noticed the ingredients are not listed on the bottle which is a bit concerning!
I've not heard of crucial vapour before. Will check them out when I get home.
Not sure about authenticity checks on batteries and if they can fake a battery they can surely fake the info on the wraps.

I started with 25R and then moved onto 30Q which last longer between charges. Now I'm using molicel which last even longer even though lower mah.
Fogstar is where I get all my batteries and we have a 15% off code on here.

I tried the DIY route about 6 months ago and at best average on all mixes so I went back to shortfills. I will be mixing a certain custard though as since receiving it yesterday it's the bollox and up there with the best.

A good starting point for DIY is one shots or bottle shots.
One shots are ready mixed flavours and just need VG,Pg,nic added.
Bottle shots are the same but in 250ml or bigger bottles and just need the same added and at around £10-15 they are well worth it.
All DIY is on my above link on post 6
Hardware on post 5
Custards post 2

I've not heard of crucial vapour before. Will check them out when I get home.
Not sure about authenticity checks on batteries and if they can fake a battery they can surely fake the info on the wraps.

I started with 25R and then moved onto 30Q which last longer between charges. Now I'm using molicel which last even longer even though lower mah.
Fogstar is where I get all my batteries and we have a 15% off code on here.

I tried the DIY route about 6 months ago and at best average on all mixes so I went back to shortfills. I will be mixing a certain custard though as since receiving it yesterday it's the bollox and up there with the best.

A good starting point for DIY is one shots or bottle shots.
One shots are ready mixed flavours and just need VG,Pg,nic added.
Bottle shots are the same but in 250ml or bigger bottles and just need the same added and at around £10-15 they are well worth it.
All DIY is on my above link on post 6
Hardware on post 5
Custards post 2
Re batteries :
I just checked my batteries and they do indeed say 25R on them- I did not realise the 18650s came in different strengths so thanks for mentioning the 30Q . It’s early days for me but quite happy so far as I have not had to charge the whole thing too much - I am assured that I can charge both in the device by usb because the device is protected from over charge although it does take a long time (about 2 mins to increase by 1% !! ) so I was thinking about getting a separate charger and spare batteries.

Re shortfill : the custard one I have is shortfill 0mg 50ml and I added a 18mg 10ml nic shot to make the 3mg 60ml so I think I am getting the hang of it. Only problem was I couldn’t get the lid off later when I wanted to refill my tank!! Tried everything then finally prized it off with a knife!! I am loving the idea of diy e juice mixing - I guess this is what is known as Ohm Brew? Lol I am a sucker for puns !

Some of the bottles caps are a right biatch to prise off.

Back
Top Bottom