What's new

Hello From Ireland

yay! and welcome!

Im American Irish, not really Irish by Irish standards, but got enough Irish and Scot in me that I count for some kind ISH

My nan was Irish, hazel oriene o'keefe-is that Irish enough for ya :) admittedly she was London Irish, so that probably cancels it out! I'm a sucker for an Irish accent tho :)

Purplefowler said:
My nan was Irish, hazel oriene o'keefe-is that Irish enough for ya :) admittedly she was London Irish, so that probably cancels it out! I'm a sucker for an Irish accent tho :)

My husband does a really good Irish one, his mums from Galway, Donellan, My family is from up north, McGowan... I've got my family tree lying around here somewhere...goes back to like 1760 or something. EVENTUALLY, I am going to get on the ferry to Dublin, but I am afraid of boats :D

Slainte Benny wur ye been fella ?, welcome to the 'village' :D

Thanks Buckfast...good to see you here too

Postby USMMUK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:37 am
yay! and welcome!

Im American Irish, not really Irish by Irish standards, but got enough Irish and Scot in me that I count for some kind ISH

Don't worry...when you're rich and famous we'll claim you....just like we do with all the American presidents:) My ex was American from Appalachia.

"My nan was Irish, hazel oriene o'keefe-is that Irish enough for ya :) admittedly she was London Irish, so that probably cancels it out! I'm a sucker for an Irish accent tho :)"

I'll have to use lots of "begobs and "begorrahs" in my posts in a Quiet Man-type accent so. I had a weird type of hybrid cockney accent as a child as the neighbours on both sides of us were Londoners.

"My husband does a really good Irish one, his mums from Galway, Donellan, My family is from up north, McGowan... I've got my family tree lying around here somewhere...goes back to like 1760 or something. EVENTUALLY, I am going to get on the ferry to Dublin, but I am afraid of boats :D"

I believe there's a chap called O'Leary runs a small air service between our islands who could offer you a flight at a reasonable price. Bring the hubby to Galway, just outside is Connemara, lots to enjoy on the west coast.

Re: Hello From Ireland

Postby Squonker » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:49 am
Welcome mate :-bd

Cheers pal

"Postby OccultScientist » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 am
Fáilte roimh chách!"

Go raiby mile maith agat....Quite impressed:)

*Waves*

I have Irish in me too, which bit I'm not sure, perhaps my left leg lol Must be where I get my really pale skin from though. My great Nan was Irish, although she married a french sailor and watered the irish down a bit lol

I think most people in the UK have some remote link with Ireland.

My mother was a Duffy, her family on her father's side were from Dublin, and also McKays from the Scottish highlands.

Her mother was a Macam though, did I spell that right? From Sunderland anyway.

Oh nearly forgot...welcome Benny!

Back
Top Bottom