What's new

Evening :)

CeeMee

Postman
Hiya, I'm not exactly a new vaper but I got a Smok V8 Baby today and I love it - it's the first time I've ever felt like I'll really be able to kick the fags for good.

I'm 33, I've smoked since I was 12. Last 15 years pretty heavily - 20 or more a day, and even more lately. I have tried all of the various NRTs, Champix, cig-alikes and an e-pen to no avail. The NRTs did nothing at all for me, but a few made me sick, Champix made me suicidal and insomniac (yaaaay!), cig-alikes worked for a bit but it was seriously hard going because they don't produce much vapour and, as an asthmatic (yes, yes I know I should never have started smoking in the first place...) they blocked my lungs up something rotten.

I tried my e-pen with standard mixes but that caused asthma attacks as well. Turns out I'm sensitive to PG, because an 80/20 VG/PG mix works a treat and I get minimal coughing and minimal need for my inhaler; I've been using it regularly for a few months now and I'm really, really keen to quit smoking because I'm actually a bit scared. I'm only on my first day and I admit I've had a few fags, like 9 or so, but sitting at home on a day like today I'd normally have lost count by about 1pm so...

I'm vaping 6mg fruity flavoured stuff that I don't intend to get more of because it was from one of those little stalls you get in town centres. I bought it on a whim just to see if it worked. Getting some Skittles flavour tonight, 100ml :D so that'll keep me going for a few days.

Anyways, hi :D

attachment.php
upload_2016-11-10_21-18-28-gif.109788
Hello @CeeMee, nice to meet you Mate !!!

Hi welcome back from planet champix...omg!!!! That was a rough 12 weeks..(well 11 I gave up)

Hi welcome back from planet champix...omg!!!! That was a rough 12 weeks..(well 11 I gave up)

The doctor, when I went to her crying my eyes out and saying I'd rather die than continue, said I had to carry on because otherwise I'd start smoking again. I threw them out, and started smoking again. At least that way I'd last a few more years.

:welcome1:
I'm asthmatic and sensitive to PG too.

I find that nicotine doesn't trigger my asthma, it soothes it...unless you put PG in my vape!

I tend find that my food/chemical sensitivities get worse with contibnuing exposure so i've completely cut out the PG. That said, I had a few thorny juice supply issues, until I stated DIY.

Anyways, it's nice to have another PG-sensitive ape joining up :) I've been arguing for a PG-free subforum. I can use you as further justification :D

:welcome1:
I'm asthmatic and sensitive to PG too.

I find that nicotine doesn't trigger my asthma, it soothes it...unless you put PG in my vape!

I tend find that my food/chemical sensitivities get worse with contibnuing exposure so i've completely cut out the PG. That said, I had a few thorny juice supply issues, until I stated DIY.

Anyways, it's nice to have another PG-sensitive ape joining up :) I've been arguing for a PG-free subforum. I can use you as further justification :D

I was looking for a flavourless VG only vape for a while as I seem to be sensitive to quite a few flavourings. I just wanted to cut out anything unnecessary to minimise the chances of failing again. Asked the question in a b&m store and the assistant, manager and all the customers were totally aghast, wouldn't even believe asthma would be like that.

I'm not familiar enough with the forum to endorse a PG free subforum but it seems a decent idea on the face of it.

I was looking for a flavourless VG only vape for a while as I seem to be sensitive to quite a few flavourings. I just wanted to cut out anything unnecessary to minimise the chances of failing again. Asked the question in a b&m store and the assistant, manager and all the customers were totally aghast, wouldn't even believe asthma would be like that.

I'm not familiar enough with the forum to endorse a PG free subforum but it seems a decent idea on the face of it.

I recently chatted about my issues witth the guys at a B&M and it turned out that one of them was vaping as self-medication for his asthma. He'd never smoked, but his Granddad had smoked for the exact same reason.

"I used to have ashma until I statred vaping" was how he put it .

It's a very rare B & M that does PG-free juice at all,

Do you have a load of food sensitivities too? I do, but happily I'm finding that quite a few of rthe things that I can't eat, I can vape without a problem.

Antihistamines are also effective against my asthma, unsurprisingly, but I have the devil of a job getting hold of corn-free antiistamines . I've had to rule out all ther tablets, and buy the kiddies' syrup instead. This contains PG! But it turns out that I'm OK with PG if I'm eating it not inhaling it. What a freaking tightrope.

Flavourless PG-free DIY juice is a doddle to make. You just get VG-based nicotine base, and dilute it to requiired strength with VG and a bit of distilled water (or else it;s way too thick , and clogs up your coil) . About 10% DW seems to work best for most people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom