What's new

can anyone help my husband please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disvapled

Initiate
Hello,

Hello, I've just joined this forum to see if anyone can help me help my hiusband, please bear with me as I'm not at all tech savvy and really don't know much about 'vaping'.
My husband has given up smoking and has started vaping with great success. He tried some really cheap e-cigarettes at first as that's all we can afford and non of them stopped his addiction to real cigarettes and I'd catch him sneakily having one. But we won a little bit of money and could finally afford a decent one for him. He chose one after reading loads of reviews and went with one which he can use whilst it's also charging, forgive me for not really knowing much about these things.

My husband is now pretty much confined to the house and often to the bed (which is why he chose one that works whilst it's on charge) as he has an illness called Multiple Sclerosis which is advancing at a pretty quick rate now. He was told that he must give up smoking due to the damage it does to the healing process of his myelin tissue which surrounds his brain, yes I am still surprised he has one of those :-). Anyway, he was shown the vaping stuff and almost instantly it stopped him smoking as much but when he got this better one he has never had a real cigarette since, the change in his health is amazing. But in my heavy handed stupidity, I didn't realise that he had it resting on his laptop yesterday and I stupidly closed the lid with too much force and have not only ruined his laptop but also the e-cigarette too, I think it shorted it out or something when the lid closed down on it(again I'm no technical whizz when it comes to these things).

I'm absolutely mortified that I've done this, his laptop is his lifeline to the outside world and of course the vaping e cigarette thing keeps him away from real cigarettes.
Sorry I do tend to waffle on so I'll get to the point. With both things ruined I thought I'd go out and replace them for him, he says there's no rush but I'm sure he's just saying that so not to make me feel any worse, I've been in floods of tears because he deserves as much normality as possible and I've taken two really important things away from him.

I didn't expect the cigarette to be so expensive though and as we are very limited funds (I'm now his full time carer so have no income myself) there is not enough money to replace his e-cigarette AND his laptop, and as his laptop is his lifeline to the outside world then I had to go with that. I wrote down what I think is the name of the cigarette, it says on the box 'itaste vv v 3.0 variable voltage, variable watage, innokin' it's a long sqaure type thing with a little screen on it with two little buttons next to it, the top bit where the liquid stuff goes screws off the battery bit. Is that enough information for you to know which I mean? So I'm writing here as after a bit of google searching I found this forum seems to be the best one to join to ask you you all (my husband doesn't know about this, I don't want to get his hopes up) if there is anything you can do to help me get him back vaping,

I can't bare to see him go back to nasty cigarettes, he also can't be trusted to not regress back to smoking when I'm not around to stop him hehe. Seriously though, he struggles enough as it is and doesn't deserve to be always craving for a smoke, getting withdrawal symptoms etc, not forgetting the serious health implications that not just the real cigarettes cause but the stress it puts him under. This vaping pastime is amazing for him both physically and mentally.

I'm so sorry for going on and writing such a long comment but if you can help then I would be eternally grateful.

Mrs Harper Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Harper - poor you, I bet you felt mortified when you realised you had broken your hubby's ecig :(

Not sure if it can be fixed or not, will have an ask around and see if anyone has a spare one they would pass on to you rather than buying a new one. A lot of the regulars on here like to buy new toys and someone may have one they don't use much anymore. Will move it to the new user intros forum as well as it will get more views...

Really pleased to hear how much of a positive effect the vaping has had on him, we don't want him being tempted back by the ciggies.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

A lot of us on hear know what device your talking about so hopefully we can help in some way

Fist thing that would help is if you took some pictures of what is actually broken on the device as that will help identify what may be the problem or what might need replacing or fixing if at all possible

:)

Sent from my LT22i using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Hey Harper,

Sorry to hear about this to start with, I know cash is struggling I'm a full time carer myself.

However I can't help you with the iTaste as mines bust itself (why did concrete have to be so hard)

However if you know how to send a 'Private Message' on here, inbox me your Husbands details and I'll get some liquid on the way for when a battery has been sourced :-)

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

Also for future reference Harper the high street is much more expensive than internet vendors. Just pop in and out of here as and when you want / need to :-)

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

As one that is also confined to bed a lot (Chronic RA) I cannot let this stand,Please click my name on the left and send me a private message with your address details, i have a eGo V - v3 that has pass-through function (used whist charging), it was sent to me for review free so will not cost you a penny. Keep it as a spare if you manage to repair the other device :) .

i am more than willing to chip in to help replace the broken bits for you, but we will need some pics to help us understand what is broken and that my be little hard for you to do on here so i will pm you my e-mail that might be a little easier :thumbup:

Hi Harper and welcome to POTV.

My stepdad suffered from MS, so I have an inkling of what he may have to put up with on a day to day basis.

If it's not a rude question, how is his manual dexterity? As in, is he able to grip and use things with his hands ok?

If so and he could manage something similar in size/weight to an ipod classic, then I have something laying about not getting used much that might be of use to him.

As one that is also confined to bed a lot (Chronic RA) I cannot let this stand,Please click my name on the left and send me a private message with your address details, i have a eGo V - v3 that has pass-through function (used whist charging), it was sent to me for review free so will not cost you a penny. Keep it as a spare if you manage to repair the other device :) .

first class :worship:

I fucking love this place. Seriously.

I don't have any equipment but would be happy to send some juice your way, although my 12mg (1.2%) may be a bit weak for someone just moving away from cigs.

Let me know if it is any good to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom