What's new

Back on the cigs, and want to get back into vaping :-)

tara100

Initiate
Hi

I started*vaping*5.5 years ago as a stop smoking tool (no one knew about them then, and wondered what the heck an ecig was!)
I used one for a month, then gave up entirely. I've since gone through a very stressful period and started smoking cigarettes again (approx 15 a day) :-(

I'm desperate to get off them, so want to get back into vaping. Trouble is, my knowledge is limited and vague.*
I used to drip VG liquid into my old ecig (which I gave away) and found this a fiddle.
I'd like to learn which is a good kit (good hit and smoke) where I can do away with dripping. I also want to use VG liquids only.

Thanks for having me :-)
Tara

Hey there and welcome tara100 there is an awful lot to choose from nowadays... and a lot of it will give you a way better experience than you had last time around... can I ask why you want to use vg only juice as it will limit what options are suitable tank wise and is also more difficult to source. .. whereas a high vg mix is generally easy to find and can still be used in most but not all of the newer tanks... i.e. 70/30 for example. . Most flavouring uses a pg base.. which is why not many all vg juices exist.. and it's the thickness of vg which makes it unsuitable for many tanks... so avg (aqueous vegetable glycerin which is diluted with water) may be a more suitable alternative if you have a reason to avoid pg... dripping with a dedicated dripper (not like dripping into an old cartomiser) is pretty simple actually and not too much faff... and will generally be a good option for all vg juices... so post up some more info about what you want and hopefully can help you find the right set up for you...

Also sometimes a juice will state all vg... but will actually contain flavouring with a pg base... so if it's down to an allergy then you need to be aware of this...

Hi tara100 and welcome.

New to vaping myself so can't offer any real help yet. I know I tried all manner of things in an attempt to quit cigs. Failed with most and spent a fortune in the process.

However, the help and advice here is outstanding so you've come to the right place. I'm sure you'll get the help and encouragement you need here. I know I have.

nikki from mars has covered it mostly. If you read through her reply and have more questions - just ask! I'm no expert but there are loads of people using this forum and they should be able to answer most things. :-)

And ...

Hello and Welcome !!! :D:D:D

Hey there and welcome tara100 there is an awful lot to choose from nowadays... and a lot of it will give you a way better experience than you had last time around... can I ask why you want to use vg only juice as it will limit what options are suitable tank wise and is also more difficult to source. .. whereas a high vg mix is generally easy to find and can still be used in most but not all of the newer tanks... i.e. 70/30 for example. . Most flavouring uses a pg base.. which is why not many all vg juices exist.. and it's the thickness of vg which makes it unsuitable for many tanks... so avg (aqueous vegetable glycerin which is diluted with water) may be a more suitable alternative if you have a reason to avoid pg... dripping with a dedicated dripper (not like dripping into an old cartomiser) is pretty simple actually and not too much faff... and will generally be a good option for all vg juices... so post up some more info about what you want and hopefully can help you find the right set up for you...

Hi Nikki

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes the need for VG liquids is due to allergy against PG based ones. I found my throat would constrict on the usual liquid, whereas I was fine on the VG liquids.

Should I post more here or move into another room with questions on a kit / liquids?

Thanks again :-)

tara100 maybe add more in depth questions in the question section? More people may respond there... I don't use 100%vg but there are some about... my memory isn't up to which ones have been well reviewed.. but would also double check with vendors as I know greyhaze local store had some max vg but wasn't actually 100%vg as the flavourings weren't. .. and some other vendors may also label as 100%vg when it isn't actually the case... just the nic and base is vg.... found that out from the guy in our local greyhaze shop in Nottingham purely by accident really... so don't be afraid to email vendors who are not 100% explicit about this...you will get as many answers about types of kit as there are different vapers on here... so ask the question while also covering what you want /need from your kit... i.e. simple plug and go or some rebuilding. .. mouth or lung hits... portability. .. battery life variable wattage etc... if you know them... should get more tailored answers then... and good luck and enjoy it!

My advice would be :P

Hit up the mixology section, explain you need 100% VG (allowing for the tiny bit being nic is nic and not VG)

Although far more sparse, 100% does exist as there are VG based concentrates for flavouring :)

Also welcome to the forum

Welcome to the gang :D

I have my doubts that what you were vaping five and a half years ago really would have been 100% VG, it might have been simply a very high VG juice, so it might be worth a quick experiment with some of the high VG options at some point. Whilst PG free juice is becoming more readily available you do still rather limit your choices, so once you have things set up and going ok it will be worth a bit of an experiment.

Whether you are looking at PG free or High VG you are definitely going to need an atomiser that can handle thicker juice, and these are not normally beginners items.

I think a post in General Chat asking what tanks can handle high VG juice would be well worth your while. There are devices out there, so it is definitely achievable, it might just be a bit of a steep learning curve finding something that works for you.

Back
Top Bottom