What's new

Whats Appealing About an e-Liquid?

They have new 60ml LDPE unicorns. Just like 30ml. I do not like the stiff 60ml with flat cap. Need a damn wedge to get off.

There's a knack and all it takes is a thumbnail around the rim (oo-er) but once you figure it out it's a pretty quick job.
Seems the bigger they get the more difficult it gets... That 100ml/120ml short fill thingy is fecking impossible without a serious weapon in your mitt..
@daz_app will verify... 3 apes couldnt get into his without totally bolloxing the job at fest...

It's all about the flavour, but as a DIYer I will only very rarely pay the high prices for premade. The brand, the packaging, the marketing is of no value to me, only the contents of the bottle. It doesn't matter how good I think a juice is, or how good someone else thinks it is, I'm very happy to vape my DIY.

It's interesting to read @tasteslikefire 's account about the "journey" of buying and trying a new juice ... only it's 10 times more enjoyable and rewarding when that journey involves your own flavour and recipe trials.

Branding is important if you're running a juice business but a quality product has to establish the brand. Vapers are not as brand loyal as cigarette smokers, vapers like to chop and change, experimenting with new flavours all the time. @ZT and @PlumeBlu pay great attention to their own branding, so their responses are quite surprising on the face of it. Maybe the general lack of brand loyalty amongst vapers resonates with them. With the market as saturated as it is, there's more mileage in launching new brands than adding further flavours to an existing brand.

@ZT and @PlumeBlu pay great attention to their own branding, so their responses are quite surprising on the face of it. Maybe the general lack of brand loyalty amongst vapers resonates with them. With the market as saturated as it is, there's more mileage in launching new brands than adding further flavours to an existing brand.

It's very true, brand loyalty with vaping is far less than with smoking in my experience, although we go to great lengths to produce a cohesive and eye catching brand it is quite often overlooked or even just passed over temporarily for the latest fad juice that comes along. That said, it's good to ensure that when people do come back to your own brand that it looks the part and is easily recognised.

I think @ZT will agree that although flavour 'ought' to be the primary driving force in sales and the very reason we create complex recipes it's not always the case which is where branding, packaging or the other factors come in to play. I have met so many people of the years that are unable to pick layers out of eliquid blends, no fault of their own but their tastebuds just don't get the complexities and as such the whole complex and intricate blends are lost on them but the branding and reputation still appeals.

Why would you vape if you've never smoked? Seems odd to me?
Even as an ex-smoker, I think vaping's a completely different activity to smoking. The only thing they have in common is being a nicotine delivery system.
If you're young and you want to try nicotine, why wouldn't you try it in a much safer way than smoking? They have a choice that we never had. Makes perfect sense to me.

It's all about the flavour, but as a DIYer I will only very rarely pay the high prices for premade. The brand, the packaging, the marketing is of no value to me, only the contents of the bottle. It doesn't matter how good I think a juice is, or how good someone else thinks it is, I'm very happy to vape my DIY.

It's interesting to read @tasteslikefire 's account about the "journey" of buying and trying a new juice ... only it's 10 times more enjoyable and rewarding when that journey involves your own flavour and recipe trials.

Branding is important if you're running a juice business but a quality product has to establish the brand. Vapers are not as brand loyal as cigarette smokers, vapers like to chop and change, experimenting with new flavours all the time. @ZT and @PlumeBlu pay great attention to their own branding, so their responses are quite surprising on the face of it. Maybe the general lack of brand loyalty amongst vapers resonates with them. With the market as saturated as it is, there's more mileage in launching new brands than adding further flavours to an existing brand.

Well .. for me personally, branding means nothing, in fact Im more likely to be put off the latest massively over coloured funky shaped bottle with free can opener than I am something in a more understated package. generally it makes me feel someone is trying too hard.

that said, as a Juice manufacturer - I still understand the need for brand identity in the marketplace (all commercial brands need an identity) - but even then, I have a tendency to try to keep my own labelling etc reasonably understated.

Our own brand identity was a happy accident, and we have never paid anyone to produce for us to outshine the competition, its just what it is.

It's very true, brand loyalty with vaping is far less than with smoking in my experience, although we go to great lengths to produce a cohesive and eye catching brand it is quite often overlooked or even just passed over temporarily for the latest fad juice that comes along. That said, it's good to ensure that when people do come back to your own brand that it looks the part and is easily recognised.

I think @ZT will agree that although flavour 'ought' to be the primary driving force in sales and the very reason we create complex recipes it's not always the case which is where branding, packaging or the other factors come in to play. I have met so many people of the years that are unable to pick layers out of eliquid blends, no fault of their own but their tastebuds just don't get the complexities and as such the whole complex and intricate blends are lost on them but the branding and reputation still appeals.
and also this.

Well .. for me personally, branding means nothing, in fact Im more likely to be put off the latest massively over coloured funky shaped bottle with free can opener than I am something in a more understated package. generally it makes me feel someone is trying too hard.

that said, as a Juice manufacturer - I still understand the need for brand identity in the marketplace (all commercial brands need an identity) - but even then, I have a tendency to try to keep my own labelling etc reasonably understated.

Our own brand identity was a happy accident, and we have never paid anyone to produce for us to outshine the competition, its just what it is.
What are you trying to say about massively overcoloured funky shaped bottles? Wanna take this outside?

:D :D :D

YOU said you LOVED the Big Zero branding ;)

What are you trying to say about massively overcoloured funky shaped bottles? Wanna take this outside?

:D :D :D

YOU said you LOVED the Big Zero branding ;)
i do my love.

I was referring more to the current fad of errr soft drink based madness - and the slightly older pokeyjuice type things

I love the big zero branding .. it has exactly the right amount of "pride" colours I would expect from yourself ;)

Back
Top Bottom