How To Guides

Please only post Tutorial and Guides in this forum.

If you have a question about a specific product or are a new user, please use one of the following forums:

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

How To Switch To Vaping

Discussion in 'How To's and Guides Only' started by vaperz, Oct 18, 2019.

1. vaperz

vaperz Member

When you’re just starting out it’s important you have the right information, A tailored beginners' guides should provide new vapers with everything they need to get started with vaping this October and beyond.

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/beginners-guide-to-vaping/

article source: vape club

• Like Like x 5
  2. We Vape
  3. LordOdin

LordOdin Achiever

Very interesting read.

4. slipperyjim

slipperyjim Initiate

I never knew freakonmics had a pod! Thanks good read (and listen)

5. Vapable
  6. crustyfolker

crustyfolker Veteran

without reading the article the best way to switch is to make your mind up about quitting and mean it, then go spend your weeks fortnight or Months Fag money on vapegear and liquids. This way you can't smoke cos you have no money to buy fags, you spent it. This will make you vape to relieve the Nicotine craving and once you realise it works and tastes much better thats a big step..
    I would also advise not using tobacco flavoured liquids as it might give you more craving for a smoke, Try a nice custard instead. You want to quit tobacco and the vile smell it creates not to mention the taste switch to tobaccos later once you are through the first month or 2.
    Buy a Mod that you can use from 5-3 figure wattage, this will be helpful as you have the ability to use it for mtl or DTL so you could switch styles without buying another mod. I say that as i started mtl 18mg with an ego pen and protank, i switched to sub ohming 3mg due to the pg and high nic not suiting me.
    You want to also look at the vendors forums especially from China as the gear is often way more affordable.
    Get a second kit a bit later so you have a back up device incase you break the 1st one.
    Finally this forum is the best place for info. we are here to stop you saying fuck it i am going back on the fags, all you have to do is ask for advice and someone will help, the problem with this forum is it causes a lot of your cash to get spent on vapegear it's a terrible addiction i know but look at it this way. You could afford to smoke how much money a month? and you threw ash in the bin now your spending the same money but you have something to show for it , something you could sell if you just vape to quit smoking.
    That's my story of how i quit 5 years ago

• Like Like x 4
  7. LordOdin

LordOdin Achiever

@crustyfolker That's exactly what i did and keep doing, no baccy money but plenty of nice vape gear. I bought my first mod and tank and knew i couldn't go back to smoking as it would of been a waste of money. With the gear i have got now i can't go back to smoking as i have spent loads on mods, tanks, and everything in between, plus i would miss the guys on here so it's deffo a no no. My first time vaping it seemed easier to go back but this time i am actually enjoying it. I take a mod to bed in case i wake up and want a vape lol, i don't know if it's addiction lol. I love it in all honesty especially if you have a nice juice.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jd_

Jd_ Achiever

I have the opposite opinion about tobacco flavor, since that was part of what i was craving, but to be honest no tobacco flavor ive tried really tastes like a cigarette, so its basically just find the flavor u enjoy best. generally speaking after a week or two you will notice almost all flavors taste better than a cigarrette.

The problem i had with food flavor vapes tho were they triggered my craving to smoke after i ate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Social Misfit

Social Misfit Veteran

The closest i have tasted to tobacco is Golden Rollie by F'arts
    To me it tastes like the smell of a freshly opened pouch of Golden Virginia
    mind you it needs a long steep 2 months at least.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MarylinC37

MarylinC37 Achiever

I smoked and then vaped because the nicotine helped with my depression. Now I vape simply because I just love it so even if I cut out the nic I'd probably still want to vape. I'd probably miss all the people on here as well. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. LordOdin

LordOdin Achiever

The Tobacco Custard by Gorilla that i bought is a Cigar type Tobacco, quite strong at first then levels out to more of a Vanilla Custard. I am going to take @MrDJ advice and steep it for a bit so the Custard is the main taste instead of the Tobacco.

• Like Like x 2
  12. crustyfolker

crustyfolker Veteran

truthfully most custards take 2 months to steep. only baccy flavs i have tried are an unknown one that was the worst vape experience i have had regarding juices. The other is Horny Flava tobacco, it tastes like trying to smoke a unlit fag. I can vape it but much prefer custards or desserts etc French Dude is pne i will buy now and then just because there is no concentrate available.
    Vapegear, mine is a bit over the top but its 6 years January since i began full time vaping. I did reviews for a while but most stuff got passed on to friends, or is part of my collection. I may have to have a wee cull at some stage but only stuff i have purchased.

#10 crustyfolker, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020