What's new

How To Stock coil rebuild - Baby Beast, Cleito & others

Vapingtree

Postman
I'm tight(ish), I also like to try and repair stuff.

I had previously had a go at rebuilding a Cleito coil and failed as I wasn't prepared to put the time in to fiddle with getting the newly built coil and wick back in its tube - and I hate being sticky

I revisited rebuilding stock coils on YouTube today as my Baby Beast needed a coil change. To make inserting the new coil and wick easier I thought that using a thin piece of plastic to help it slip in might help. First I made a tube and tried to push the coil in to it and then in to the coil tube but that didn't work well. Next I just rolled the plastic around the coil and wick and that worked very well, still a small fiddle but once in the tube it was a doddle to push it all in and then using a larger drill bit (or pencil? whatever) hold the coil/wick in and gently draw the plastic out and, as the say, Bob's yer mother's brother.

I dug the disassembled Cleito coil out and put a new bit of cotton around the wire I'd wound previously and that when in like a dream. The Cleito coil vapes fine, I think I've failed to get the seal back in properly on the Baby Beast as that leaks like a colander! I untwisted the wires a bit but maybe not enough or I should use plain round or flat wire next time.

A great excuse for buying some Tunnocks Tea Cakes :-)

UEN9xYQ.jpg

I thought about having a go on the cleito, but bought rba`s instead

Different I guess but there are RBA's out there for the Cleito 120 & Baby Beast so I'm not sure if it will catch on. Great idea though & I am hoping my husband doesn't read this as he is partial to a Tunnocks

I've sussed out how to rewick the iSub G coils, but not how to recoil them lol :D

I need to spend more time on learning to make/build/wick miniaturised coils for RTA's that my old eyes can't see, even with my new specs lol. :D

It seems a lot of fluffing about to me why not just get a rba and do your own coils but saying that i did have a go a few years back now at at recoiling a stock coil myself if i can remember it was not a great success ........

It seems a lot of fluffing about to me why not just get a rba and do your own coils but saying that i did have a go a few years back now at at recoiling a stock coil myself if i can remember it was not a great success ........

I tried rebuilding a stock Cleito coil a while back and nearly blew a gasket due to the the fluffing about and failing - people on YT make things look so easy but they probably did much practice and a few takes before getting it right. With the thin plastic and a new piece of dry cotton my original coil went in the Cleito tube first time - sorted.

Using the thin plastic made getting the wick & coil in the stock coil tube so easy, no getting sticky through putting juice on the cotton to make it stay together.

I've fixed the Baby Beast leak by clipping one strand from the twisted wire I used, 0.37Ω, good cloud and flavour - as good as new, possibly better?

A touch of GIMPping on the new BB coil (316L SS 2x26g from Dynas) to show clipped legs - original is two coils spot welding by the looks of it.
TDh8zcm.jpg

That helping hands thing is amazing!! Thanks :D

Not too fussed about the iSub G coils coz I gave 2 of my 3 away to my son's mate, but I just got an iSub V. Are they the same?

No idea if the V and the G coils are similar, put one of each next to each other and see. You'd have to try and pull a V apart when it needs changing to see if it could be rebuilt like the G - or wait for the YT vid of someone else doing it.

No idea if the V and the G coils are similar, put one of each next to each other and see. You'd have to try and pull a V apart when it needs changing to see if it could be rebuilt like the G - or wait for the YT vid of someone else doing it.
Good idea! When this one is done I'll have a look and post on here if I can find the thread at the time lol :)

Back
Top Bottom