What's new

Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast LEAK Fix Solutions

I still get really random leaks sometimes, not a lot but maybe 1 in 20 times of refilling. Tried various methods from different sites, one thing not mentioned here is when putting the tank back together, screw the coil head into the chimney coming off the top first, THEN screw on the base. Apparently sometimes screwing onto the base first can leave a tiny gap between the top of the coil and bottom of chimney that can cause a little air through and mess with the vacuum seal.

However the one thing i had never heard or thought of until this was the first mentioned of running too low can cause the liquid not to burn and seep through, when I change coil or rewick RBA I start off fairly low and ALWAYS get spitting liquid until I turn it up, I wonder if thats the reason and if so, thank you very much :)

Only other thing seems to be overfilling, last few leaks have been when filling tank right to the top to where the juice sort of JUST disappears from sight... have started leaving a few mm gap at the top recently and been OK.

I've had a few leaks on mine, only had it a week as well.

Did notice the coil wire issue, exposed beneath the atomiser base.
I imagine mine will be down to overfilling. It uses the juice so quickly I try and get plenty in.
It don't half make a mess when it leaks though.
Mrs SAW smelled the mango juice as soon as she came into the kitchen after I'd been fettling!

I must be the lucky one, i have two tfv8 cloud beast, yet to have a leak on either. On one i only use the rba deck, and when the coil is "dead " in the second one, i will be using the other rba deck in that one too. IMO stock coils are a complete rip off, i haven't bought a stock coil in almost two years. All the tanks / rdtas i use are rebuild able..

Just changed the coil for the spare that came with the kit.
It's bigger and after reading the brilliant advice given in the link on this post have boosted up the wattage to around 75w. Did try 100 but boy did it fire up violently!

Being mindful not to overfill now. Hopefully this one should do better than a week!

Nice tutorial, been having a hit & miss with my beast. That's why I've been using my RDA so much, I will be checking new coils from now on :)

Thanks

Only time mine leaked, was when the top seal, under the top swivel, wasn't seated properly. I now only open the top half way, and refill thru the mouth piece hole, and it's been fine and leak free for 5 months...
Recently got a V12 and even tho it's not leaked, I still only swivel the top, half way, to stop the top seal potentially going wibble. .

Luv Chrisie.. xx

Only time mine leaked, was when the top seal, under the top swivel, wasn't seated properly. I now only open the top half way, and refill thru the mouth piece hole, and it's been fine and leak free for 5 months...
Recently got a V12 and even tho it's not leaked, I still only swivel the top, half way, to stop the top seal potentially going wibble. .

Luv Chrisie.. xx

You fill through the mouthpeice?? :S ok...

1) does that not leave juice all over the inside of the driptip?

2) I have to push the nozzle all the way through the little fillhole in the top white seal or the juice doesnt go IN just bubbles up and goes down the middle... how? what?! :S

No no.. Sorry ScottichDuck.. I remove the drip tip, half open the swivel top, to reveal the slot, and poke my bottle thru the mouth piece hole into the proper slot.. :)
When I first had my V8, the top seal kept popping out if I opened the swivel all the way, so now I only half open it.. The 30 and 50ml squeezy bottle I use, fit nicely into the drip tip hole, so it's a nice unmessy solution..
The V12's seal hasn't popped, but I've not fully opened the swivel to find out, as it's a right pain getting it back in..

Luv Chrisie.. xx

No no.. Sorry ScottichDuck.. I remove the drip tip, half open the swivel top, to reveal the slot, and poke my bottle thru the mouth piece hole into the proper slot.. :)
When I first had my V8, the top seal kept popping out if I opened the swivel all the way, so now I only half open it.. The 30 and 50ml squeezy bottle I use, fit nicely into the drip tip hole, so it's a nice unmessy solution..
The V12's seal hasn't popped, but I've not fully opened the swivel to find out, as it's a right pain getting it back in..

Luv Chrisie.. xx

Well that makes more sense... Mine has never popped out, one my bottles (Sleekit Juice) I actually need to take the seal out to fill cause the tip doesnt fit in. Easy enough once youve done it a couple of times. i ordered some spare from last FT order though so i have 5 spares just incase.

If you have problems with the v8 leaking just go for the tfv12, it was designed specifically so it doesnt leak and i can attest to this, i never had any leaking with the tfv12 but did with 2 of my 3 tfv8s

Back
Top Bottom