What's new

Sigelei Moonshot wicking by pictures

@TheTartanSpartan Thanks for a great tutorial. I just got mine and it leeks like a pig. So you suggested it was probably due to lack of cotton. I will have another go.

Just one thing. Are your coils actually sat on top of each air hole or just above? I will take a piccy on my phone and try and post it here. Thanks
Tony (Rotherham)

@TheTartanSpartan Thanks for a great tutorial. I just got mine and it leeks like a pig. So you suggested it was probably due to lack of cotton. I will have another go.

Just one thing. Are your coils actually sat on top of each air hole or just above? I will take a piccy on my phone and try and post it here. Thanks
Tony (Rotherham)

Couple of mm above mate

@TheTartanSpartan Well i re-did the build and took pictures. I still have a leak but only seem to get it when i open the air vent. Other thing i noticed is that it got really hot and i was only using 35W. Anyway i will try and post pictures.

IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
Last edited:
@TheTartanSpartan Well i re-did the build and took pictures. I still have a leak but only seem to get it when i open the air vent. Other thing i noticed is that it got really hot and i was only using 35W. Anyway i will try and post pictures.

@bigyun2000 still think you are a tiny bit shy on cotton in there, you shouldn't get any leaking, once the wick is in place just make sure the pockets are nicely packed but not too hard packed
Those coils are always going to produce a fair bit of heat in a small attie like the moonshot with such a small chamber

@TheTartanSpartan
Thanks i will give it a try tomorrow. Bare in mind i am a newbie and do have difficulty with wicking. I only got the Moonshot to match my L3. Anyway thanks again i will let you know how i get on.
Tony

Back
Top Bottom