What's new

Sigelei Moonshot wicking by pictures

TartanSpartan

Veteran
Hello again, a lot of people have complained they cannot set this up or are getting dry hits etc so I have put together another tutorial on tricky atties - same format as Goblin Mini + Ubertoot

This atty is a bit of a pain to set up to start with but once you've cracked it this is an amazing tank with flavour of a dripper

Make sure your coils are placed directly above the air holes and pretty low down, I use 3mm as this atty needs a fair bit of cotton and enough room in the coil to get a good flow going to stop dry hits, I have tried smaller coils and it just doesn't work as well.

With everything stripped down pop the build deck on the base without the airflow ring or outer ring and use the supplied Allen key through the airflow slot and through the small hole in the 510 pin and screw onto your preferred building base

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785260.314483.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785288.944089.jpg

Usual strips of cotton, I use muji or the general by vaper royalty - for this thread I'm using muji, I have tried cotton bacon but it expands too much and throttles the juice causing dry hits so if that's your choice of cotton strip it back a bit.
Make sure the cotton is pretty firm in the coil - too loose = flooding

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785614.191220.jpg

Trim the ends slightly and fluff the cotton up nicely

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785659.180614.jpg

Place the outer ring over the top, lining up the ridges and making sure the outer threading is at the bottom and push down over the cotton so it's as much closed as possible with the cotton sticking out the bottom

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785750.776435.jpg

Using your snips / scissors etc to trim round the edges as close as you possibly can to the base

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785812.173897.jpg

Flip it back over and lift up the outer ring by a couple of mm, using tweezers or similar push the cotton up into the gap on all 4 channels and close the outer ring down in to its final position making sure there is no cotton sticking out in the seams - nice and clean - repeat until it is

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785939.906193.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456785966.134578.jpg

That's pretty much it, check to make sure that the cotton is covering all air holes properly as you don't want gaps - if you need to use your tweezers to loosen the cotton slightly if too tight in there

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456786092.334680.jpg

From above juice up the cotton until nice and saturated, also juicing up through the air holes to make sure all the cotton is saturated before filling - just like a prebuilt coil

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456786173.538652.jpg

You don't need to take off the outer ring again like the last photo (just for illustration) but this shows the cotton filling the whole channel and where it sits just nicely to the base - if you try use a lot less cotton this will piss out the air holes

All done, assemble tank and fill, not forgetting to always close the airflow to fill or again it will piss out everywhere

This is a tried and tested wicking for me, I have had the moonshot for several weeks now and put 3 to 4 tanks a day through it and I don't get any dry hits at 40w or a single drop of leaking with awesome flavour and some cracking clouds

Hope this will help some people with this [emoji1]

Vape happy

TS

that's how I do mine muji definitely works better than other wicking material its just a swine to get the coils in.
had an email from dna vapes theyre back in stock for those who want one.

Been using nife30 in mine so not been wicking it tight and seems fine although not been trying to get high temps/watts 420f 50w works for me

Back
Top Bottom