What's new

How To My Day with the Kayfun Lite Plus

KDKotu

Initiate
So I got my new Kayfun Lite Plus, and watched loads of build videos, here's my experience...

1. I watched Andrews 'S-Shape Video' - built, burn, bleeeuuugh, drain start again
2. I watched Todd's 'push wicks up tube, trim and push down' video, minimum vapour, crap taste, drain, start again
3. I watched Some other guys 'figure 8' video, better, but crap vapour, funky horrible taste, drain, start again
4. Followed #3 but this time I torched the wick and wire, fumbled with it for far too long, funky taste, drain, start again

At this point I had an epiphany, sod all that, do what I think will work

Here's what I did...

1. Torched Wick and Wire (Ekowool 2mm, Kanthal A1 .2)
2. Doubled up wick to about an inch, wrapped wire TIGHT 3/4 coils
3. Nailed that sucker down with a 2mm clearance of hole
4. Straightened / Spaced coils, got my scissors out and trimmed off ends so they just touch base when pushed down
5. Unlike all other methods (except todds) the first metal piece fit over the wick perfectly
6. Checked resistance 2.0, cool...
7. Soaked wick, rebuilt
8. It's a little gurgly but tastes great and gives good plumes of vapour!

So Moral of the story is, ignore me. Do what you think will work best, and chances are it will :)

I have come to realise though that I'll need some simple tank setup when away from home though as I'm not carrying around gas torches, wick, wire and screwdrivers when I'm away. My RSST is a lot easier to build and clean and goes for weeks with simple wash -> burn -> refill.

Update: I blew through air hole and gurgling GONE! I still have a very slight taste from the Ekowool, but that could be because I never washed the KFLP out after it tasted rank from before.

Last edited:
micro coil and cotton fella works wonders give it a bash

as for the gurgling turn it upside down with the air hole facing you and cover with tissue and give a few gentle blows it will clean out the air hole and the chamber

I tried cotton on other Rebuildables and I just couldn't stop it from burning, although I'm more than happy to check out any videos of this method, should you have some links to hand ;)

I've not had much success with mine yet. I need some lower resistance wire.
I even tried a dual coil set up. Pah!! lol

I'll watch that now... this Ekowool is tasting funky again, not burned, just weird... had the same thing happen when I used it on a different atty.

+1 for microcoil and cotton! Tried Todds methods first, plumes of vapor but flavour was muted. A quick microcoil riptripper style and much better flavour :woot:

Standard doubled 2mm silica and four/five wraps of .25 Kanthal, as you might use for Evods/Protanks, works as long as you make sure you don't block the wells.

Never block the wells.

Unless you are in a horror film with Bruce Campbell in which case block them, block them good. There's nasty shit down those kind of wells.

another one of andrews amazing video's but it's how I do mine on my kfl replaced the cotton 4 times in it already you can probably skip through some of it

Okay, tried a micro coil with .2 kanthal, no go, 5.3 ohms, haha

Then I dug out the ribbon kanthal, thought, bah that won't work... IT DID! 1.6 Ohms, cotton in, and BOOM! Loads of flavour, not a hellish amount of vapour yet, but I think that's mainly due to it being flooded, been trying to unflood it, but so far no success, but no more funky ekowool taste! Thanks man! :)

Last edited:
must be issues with the plus version then fella am sure ZT was having issues with it too I think there is another thread kicking around somewhere

Back
Top Bottom