What's new

How To Merlin finally works his Magic

bluerobot

Postman
Having got a KA V6 clone on Saturday and having managed to destroy it by Sunday with sheer ignorance alone, couldn't decide weather or not to buy the real thing, potentially generating divorce proceedings, and settle for an all steel tank, or go for the Digiflavor Siren which thank heavens has a glass tank. (I'm an MTL flavor chaser and certified Tank Destroyer). Thing is the KA gave IMO the best MTL vape (in my limited experience) so far, not twice as good as anything else or such, but just that "thing". Enter Merlin stage left. Wasn't disappointed when I got the Merlin, it just seemed something was lacking, which was a shame because it's got so much going for it. Super easy build deck, really well made, looks wise George Clooney/Ava Gardner compared to some tanks out there and easy top-fill to boot. Thing was it always seemed to give a kind of watery vape, whereas the KA gave a full bodied flavorful vape. Anyway surveying the wreckage of the KA noticed how small the juice holes were, so are the ones on the Kayfun 5 clones, they all handle 80/20 VG/PG juice just fine and chuck out flavor and a substantial vape, so why are the juice flow controls/ports as big as the Channel Tunnel by comparison on the Merlin? On all the videos they show the juice flow controls fully opened after filling, so Googled juice flow control on a Merlin and one of the results got me to a vendors site. In the blurb it said the Merlin has ADJUSTABLE juice flow control to stop OVER-SATURATING the wick. What's to lose? Start by turning it closed by a quarter, improvement, again, better still and no dry hits, once more three quarters turned, and? ........ the Heavens open, World Peace is declared and Sainsburys never run out of own brand cat litter again. No really, it's now giving a KA/Kayfun quality vape, in fact I'd go so far as to say it's as good as the KA and no dry hits. Ah you say, but what about the wicking, bet you changed that? Nope. No Scottish Roll, Oriental Omelette or Zanzibar Ziggurat, it's just bolt standard. I can't be the first person to have done this, it just seems strange that there's no mention of it (as far as I can see) on the web.

I didn't get along with the Merlin either. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing great either. I've since got the Merlin mini which works great, with its inbuilt juice flow design. Must admit I didn't experiment with the juice control on the Merlin either, so might have to give it another go! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom