What's new

How to make your own E-Liquids

Some great comments on diy eliquids.
I've made a few basic ones so far bit looking forward to trying some mixing and replicating some branded ones.
Any advice on where to get good concentrates? I've heard Capella are a good one to go for.

Capella are good but don't just restrict yourself to one brand. Check out http://e-liquid-recipes.com for clones and the different brands that go into making them. Also a very good way of keeping track of your own creations and how much they costs you.

+1 for Darkstar flavour concentrates as they're well priced and each comes with a syringe to get you started.

A good guide for the beginner who wishes to try and make their own juice.

I have DIY'ed since very early on, if memory serves correctly literally weeks into owning my first 'real' mod.

I actually like most of my juice fresh, before a steep(which actually isn't happening as that requires a solid and a liquid, the word has just come into common use but is an error), I find flavours to be stronger around this time with only a few flavours that I actually prefer steeped. This is good for me as I can use my juice immediately.

I recommend everyone who is going to DIY, to try steeping and also fresh juice- make some and allow to steep, then when it is ready make up some fresh, this will allow you to tell which you prefer.

It is mainly to do with our sense of smell, and during steeping certain smells become less harsh for lack of a better word, which leads to a slightly different flavour, which you may or may not prefer.

EDIT: Some information on 'steeping' which may help newer DIY'ers. This is an old article in relation to cartridges, but still stands the same- http://www.whitecloudelectroniccigarettes.com/blog/e-liquid-steeping-myth/ .
Before people jump over that, I am not saying if you enjoy your juice steeped/ not steeped you are doing it wrong by any means, just that people should not think that they absolutely have to steep their juice.

Last edited:
I have been DIYing for a few weeks and have tried quite a few mixes. I have bought what seems to be the most respected flavouring brands out there. i have done plenty of batches with different dosages, i have tested them fresh, 1 week later, 2 weeks later.
a few comments and question :
- you quickly realize testing as much as possible is the way to go but the main problem to that is : how do you get enough tanks ???? i have 10 tanks which i feel is already a lot as they're not cheap .. am i missing something here ??
- i am generally very happy with the flavour results. i think they taste delicious !! so i encourage everybody to try of course. It's also a lot of fun.
- one thing i am disappointed with and this is my main topic : the flavour INTENSITY. i feel my juices are not intense enough ... most my recipes have around 20% flavourings which seems to be on the high end of common percentages.. even after 3 4 weeks steeping i feel they lack intensity. So flavour is fantastic but intensity not enough... any advice ? Simply talking, i mix several PG flavours from very good brands, that will be 20% of the end volume and depending on batch i add either 80% VG or 10%PG and 70% VG. so i basically end up PG/VG 20/80 or 30/70 and flavourings is around 20%.
- i bough the VG and PG from Darrant Chemicals as said on another thread, could that make a difference ? Thanks in advance for your neurones' work guys !!

Iam new to mixing. My main problem is that my juice taste 90% better when I vape with my old e leaf mod & aspire tank. My newer Firefox with sub v innokin sub v tank. My new one burns my lips too. I have tried different settings. Any advice would be welcomed.

1482017432167.jpg
Can any help me. The pink one is my old e leaf. The other one is my fire fox & the same juice in it doesn't taste good at all especially compared to my old one.

Can any help me. The pink one is my old e leaf. The other one is my fire fox & the same juice in it doesn't taste good at all especially compared to my old one.

Hi! Welcome to POTV - good to have you here :D

What strength is the juice and what pg / vg ratio. The Fire fox, what is the resistance of the coils in this one? When you move to tanks with lower resistance coils you might need to drop your nic level otherwise the juice can taste harsh and hot. Let us know what the resistance is and also what Wattage / Voltage you are firing it at as that can make a difference too. If you have put too much power through it you might have burnt the coils too which will make it taste nasty.

View attachment 113075 Can any help me. The pink one is my old e leaf. The other one is my fire fox & the same juice in it doesn't taste good at all especially compared to my old one.
How are you using the new set up ? if its the same way as the old thats your problem. The new aet up is meant to be used by breathing the vapour down into your lungs where as the old set up is meant to be used like smoking a fag ie take a pull and then take it down.
The new set up uses more power to vaporize the liquid at a faster rate and produces a larger cloud of vapour if trying to use it like the older set up then it will no doubt get Hot as you are not pulling enough air through the coil to help cool everything down a bit, So open the airflow full on the Isub tank set the mod to about 25 watts and inhale as you are pressing the fire button then blow out the plume of vapour.
Let us know how you get on, oh and you need to use 3mg strength 6mg max or it tastes harsh and feels like your lungs are on fire and will make you feel dizzy from the amount of nicotine your taking onboard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom