How To eleaf lemo 2 mod to allow better juice flow and wicking

shaunhoop1981

Initiate
hi all i am new to the forum and to vaping my current setup is

smok m22 pro

smok vct tank

eleaf lemo 2 tank

always use 90/10 or 80/20 mix

As you can tell i like high vg, and it has been a issue with the eleaf2, although i do love the taste and vapour production this tank gives.

i kept getting dry hits on the eleaf2, even after losening off the tank taking pressure off the bottom seal.

so i have modded my tank, the pictures only show the cutout on one side but i have done this to both sides, and wow what a difference this has made i hope this helps someone else

thanks shaun IMG_20150527_113011.jpgIMG_20150527_112932.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Lemo 2 (which I presume you are referring to) & I also like high VG juice. Usually 70/30 but sometimes 80/20 & I find the Lemo handles them fine if the wicking is right. My opinion would have been to try different wicking techniques before modifying the tank but if it's worked for you then that's great!

I have the Lemo 2 (which I presume you are referring to) & I also like high VG juice. Usually 70/30 but sometimes 80/20 & I find the Lemo handles them fine if the wicking is right. My opinion would have been to try different wicking techniques before modifying the tank but if it's worked for you then that's great!

Likewise, you don't really need to take tools to the Lemo 2 to get it to wick high VG. I am running mine today with 80/20 Mr Good Vape Sundae Fundae, with a 0.5ohm coil, 3mm ID with 0.51mm anarchist wire (essentially matching the prebuilt coil) generously wicked with Cotton Bacon at 60w. No leaks or dry hits at all, and I have gone through a whole tank already.

No modding done to my Lemo 2 at all.

Likewise, you don't really need to take tools to the Lemo 2 to get it to wick high VG. I am running mine today with 80/20 Mr Good Vape Sundae Fundae, with a 0.5ohm coil, 3mm ID with 0.51mm anarchist wire (essentially matching the prebuilt coil) generously wicked with Cotton Bacon at 60w. No leaks or dry hits at all, and I have gone through a whole tank already.

No modding done to my Lemo 2 at all.

Cotton Bacon is the key!! That stuff is amazing. Wicks like a good.......wicky thingy should wick ;) I'm currently on a 0.6 ohm build of 24g A1 kanthal generously wicked with cotton bacon.

Last edited:
Might try cotton bacon I have machined a spare sleeve just in case it didn't work but I tried all wicking techniques I could find and still odd dry hit

What wicking techniques do you find best with the lemo 2 have 3mm Id coil currently using bunny ear technique then push down allowing slight line of sight to juice holes

I was only getting dry hits on long hits not short to fell onto the idea of juice flow

No special wicking techniques at all. I just generously wick my Lemo 2 with Cotton Bacon, pretty much using the exact same amount as how the prebuilt coil used, just making sure the juice channels are totally free of wick whilst being surrounded by it at the same time. I use a blue screwdriver to make sure the juice channels are clear.

Check pauly meatballs youtube review below-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQ6AzfDuc0

This is pretty much EXACTLY how I wick mine, I put a fresh wick in this morning and I will try and upload a pic when I get home. Done a couple of tankfuls through it already though!

It was mainly down to allowing a air gap between wick and housing after seeing dw1986 link I can see the error of my ways thank you

I'm a typical engineer if it don't work take out the tools and modify it lol

Back
Top Bottom