What's new

**Dvarw RTA glass tank**

Lomke

Postman
Hey, apes ;)
So today I'm going to give you guys a tutorial on how to fit a glass tank section on a Dvarw. I guess every owner of this RTA has been waiting for such day to come.

First of all is a list of what you gonna need:
• fine metal file
• pliers
• bench vice
• M6 x 0.5 threading die
• Kayfun V4 glass tank
• o-rings of your choice

Kayfu glass section is about a millimeter lower than the Dvarw tank, so:
1. Extend threads on the chimney for about 2mm.
2. File down bottom of the chimney for about 2mm for it to fit above the chamber cap/tiny chimney, as the top cap with integrated chimney shaft is going to sit a bit lower and is going to touch the chamber cap, as we are shrinking down the whole top RTA section for about a millimeter.
3. File down about half of the metal part which holds the o-rings, because Kayfun glass tank is also a bit narrower and wont clear those metal parts when trying to put everything together.
4.Clean everything up, put different o-rings and the glass tank itself. Here you go :)

2usewib.jpg

2hphvfk.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I don’t mind the plastic tank though. Less likely to break if I drop it.

Sometimes I like some tank crackers and now I've eliminated pc part of my favorite tank :) also you can get this glass section almost averywhere worldwide :)

Hey, apes ;)
So today I'm going to give you guys a tutorial on how to fit a glass tank section on a Dvarw. I guess every owner of this RTA has been waiting for such day to come.

First of all is a list of what you gonna need:
• fine metal file
• pliers
• bench vice
• M6 x 0.5 threading die
• Kayfun V4 glass tank
• o-rings of your choice

Kayfu glass section is about a millimeter lower than the Dvarw tank, so:
1. Extend threads on the chimney for about 2mm.
2. File down bottom of the chimney for about 2mm for it to fit above the chamber cap/tiny chimney, as the top cap with integrated chimney shaft is going to sit a bit lower and is going to touch the chamber cap, as we are shrinking down the whole top RTA section for about a millimeter.
3. File down about half of the metal part which holds the o-rings, because Kayfun glass tank is also a bit narrower and wont clear those metal parts when trying to put everything together.
4.Clean everything up, put different o-rings and the glass tank itself. Here you go :)

2usewib.jpg

2hphvfk.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do this post. I don’t have the tools to do what you did but it is nice to know it’s possible [emoji4]

Don’t get your hopes up too much someone mentioned that it didn’t fit...
The problem being the inner diameter being smaller due to the thickness of glass compared to plastic.
I hope to solve that with thinner o rings.

There are a few times when a vernier caliper would be handy, heh

Back
Top Bottom