What's new

DIY Vape

Locky

Hi all.

Sorry if in the wrong forum :)

Looking for some advice here. I have been vaping for a while now and have spent 100's of pounds on vape liquid. I decided that today was the day to try my hand at DIY liquid making. I am getting more and more confused the more I look into it.

So I want to make 120ml of e liquid with a banana custard flavour.

So looking at a 120 ml bottle, less 2 nic shots, I have 100ml for my juice. I have also bought a pre mix of 70vg and 30pg mix.

The shots are from Make My Vape and are as follows:
  • 4% Strawberry (ripe) - The Flavour Apprentice
  • 3% Sweet Strawberry - Capella Flavors
  • 10% Vanilla Custard V1 - Capella Flavors
  • 4% Banana and Custard - Pope and Brewer's Gourmet Flavours
This work out at 21% (21ml) flavour which I understand is a lot!

Broken down as follows:

-20ml nicotene.
-21ml flavouring
-79ml PG/VG mix.

I will let i steep for 7 days and see the result, but looking at other recipes on this forum is seems like I am putting in too much flavour..... is this normal?

I hope that makes sense and any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Use a calculator like steam engine which works everything out for you. Check out my link stuck at top in new users section. On post 6 you will find everything you need. I can't link to it as on phone at work.

Some flavours need quite a big amount to come to life. Cap Vanilla Custard is one of them. It won't be a total of 21% flavours though, as your bottle is 120ml altogether, not 100ml. Seems reasonable.
I can recommend the calculator on http://e-liquid-recipes.com/. That site makes it insanely easy to crunch numbers and store/refine recipes :)

7 days steeping might be a bit short for a custard, but that's a matter of preference. It's ready when you enjoy vaping it :)

Thanks for the replies.

I am still confused or just stupid.

So if I have 120ml of liquid and 21ml of that is flavour and 99ml other, what % is my flavour?

21ml / 120ml * 100 = 17.5%
That's based off of your initial calculation / explanation.

Thanks Lucifah, basic maths question (embarrased face). Appreciate the help. Will just give it a go and see what happens. Do you make DIY vapes Lucifah?

Thanks Lucifah, basic maths question (embarrased face). Appreciate the help. Will just give it a go and see what happens. Do you make DIY vapes Lucifah?

No worries. By the way, what's your Nic based on? If it's PG based Nic you might end up with high PG as flavours are almost always PG based. Need to do some number crunching, but gut feeling is about ~50% PG with 30/70 base liquid.

I tried my hand in mixing, with mixed success :18: Mostly I use one-shot concentrates and maybe refine them a little. I've got only one recipe of my own which I actually like, and two others work in progress. ;)

Why waste 120ml if it turns out shite. Use the calculator and do a 10ml bottle which will use a lot less. If that tastes good after a month go for the big mix

Back
Top Bottom