What's new

Dead rabbit sq build and questions

leea123

Initiate
Hi all am new to all this rda stuff and mechs, but am doing ok am running a drop on a mech and I am building on that ok, I did have some horrible taste but I cleaned RDA in ultrasonic cleaner and all been good since then, That's some background and now the question about the dead rabbit sq . I have pre-ordered a regulated 80w squonk, so I thought this single coil RDA would be a good choice, so am just doing some practice builds and have some questions, I do not make my own coils so I buy pre-made, trying all types , really not sure what the best but at moment I was just going to build a single coil 0.5 in the rabbit which I think would be ok for the regulated mod ? . The issue I seem to have is when I place coils in I literally have to bend the coil around a lot for it to face the correct way, is this normal, and is this ok? Also, the coils are reading 0.59 instead of 0.5 what it says on the packet, is there anything I can do about this or is that just what happens when having to twist the coil so much when fitted I have watched some videos , and when they place their coils in they hardly have to adjust the coil to face correct way, am a little confused :). Any advice be great, thank you for your time .

Last edited:
Hi all am new to all this rda stuff and mechs, but am doing ok am running a drop on a mech and I am building on that ok, I did have some horrible taste but I cleaned RDA in ultrasonic cleaner and all been good since then, That's some background and now the question about the dead rabbit sq . I have pre-ordered a regulated 80w squonk, so I thought this single coil RDA would be a good choice, so am just doing some practice builds and have some questions, I do not make my own coils so I buy pre-made, trying all types , really not sure what the best but at moment I was just going to build a single coil 0.5 in the rabbit which I think would be ok for the regulated mod ? . The issue I seem to have is when I place coils in I literally have to bend the coil around a lot for it to face the correct way, is this normal, and is this ok? Also, the coils are reading 0.59 instead of 0.5 what it says on the packet, is there anything I can do about this or is that just what happens when having to twist the coil so much when fitted I have watched some videos , and when they place their coils in they hardly have to adjust the coil to face correct way, am a little confused :). Any advice be great, thank you for your time .
It depends on which way the coil has been wrapped if your wrapping you own coils go left to right and over first for it to match the slots hope that makes sense. I run my sq on the luxotic squonker. You can build with coils the other way but like u say u have to bend them to get them straight.
1525170109290.jpeg

thank you for the reply, yer at moment am just buying pre-made so it looks like it bendy time with the coils for now, also wondering what coil you are actually using i put a premade 0.5 in mine and it looks tiny, compared to that piccy, just wondering if I need a bigger coil size?

thank you for the reply, yer at moment am just buying pre-made so it looks like it bendy time with the coils for now, also wondering what coil you are actually using i put a premade 0.5 in mine and it looks tiny, compared to that piccy, just wondering if I need a bigger coil size?

I have a 3.5mm plain 26awg SS in mine.

3mm bud 5 wrap quad core alien.

With some rdas I have un coiled premade coils and recoiled them according to the build needed, not that hard to do, you just need a screwdriver or drill bit with the correct width, then you can recoil them from left to right just be careful when unwrapping the coil if it's a fancy build too

Back
Top Bottom