POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

More bad publicity....

Discussion in 'Campaigns and Social Awareness' started by moff000, Feb 8, 2018.

1. moff000

moff000 Postman

2. Dadaran

Dadaran Achiever

"The study also isn't entirely clear how elevated the PAFR levels are by vaping in comparison to conventional smoking. Peter Openshaw from Imperial College London succinctly sums up this concern saying, "Although it is possible that vaping might increase susceptibility to pneumonia, the effect is likely to be lower than from smoking itself. We need further research to determine the effect of vaping on susceptibility to pneumonia in comparison to smokers."

http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...ed-in-bacterial-infections-such-as-pneumonia/

Edit:
    Prof. Peter Hajek, Director of the Tobacco Dependence Research Unit, QMUL, said:

“Data from people, as opposed to cells and animals that are exposed in very different ways, show no sign that vaping makes vapers more vulnerable to infection. They actually point in the opposite direction – previous work suggests smokers who switched from smoking to vaping report no increase, but in fact a significant decrease in respiratory infections1.”

Changes in the Frequency of Airway Infections in Smokers Who Switched To Vaping: Results of an Online Survey’ by Joanna Astrid Miler, Bernhard Mayer and Peter Hajek, Journal of Addiction Research & Therapy, 2016, DOI: 10.4172/2155-6105.1000290

#2 Dadaran, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HAZZA1962

HAZZA1962 Legend

More Regurgitated Bollocks !!! I don't know why anyone who Vapes reads this Tripe !!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. geordie12

geordie12 Postman

Its just another "study" to ignore.

5. Ment

Ment Veteran

Again, an incomplete study.

They have concluded that vaping increases PAFR, but they haven't tested to see if this in turn increases bacteria.

The anti-bacterial effects of PG are likely to offset any increase and the net effect could actually be a reduction.

6. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Postman

Yeah! I read about PG online after the vape man in one of my local vape shops told me that. I reckon there's summat in that- I got a cold back in November and it was gone in 4 days- I didn't even get a cough- well I had a little intermittent cough/tickle for an afternoon and the next day the cold had gone! When I rolled up a cold would linger for 2 -3 weeks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CBK

CBK Member

damn i wish i didnt read it but frig it im not stopping