What's new

Latest Advice in Relation to TPD

We need the trolls trolling on this one, this guy just lied to parliament and cannot be allowed to get away with it.

They think we've been doing "huge" lobbying the last few weeks, let's show them we've just been being nice.

this post isn't wasted.

I've emailed grayling too.
the email I sent is on another post..... here

I have just sent Mr Grayling the following email. I wanted to do it from work as my personal email address does not lend itself well for ventures such as this.

Dear Mr Grayling,

By way of an introduction I am a qualified nurse and have successfully managed to stop using tobacco products after 34 years thanks to e-cigarettes.

I am writing to politely request that you amend an error in respect a statement you made regarding the Tobacco Products Directive. I believe that you made the following statement because you yourself had been misled on the matter and am not questioning your integrity in any way.

The statement in question is from when you told fellow MP’s that the e-cigarette rules in the TPD “have been carefully considered by the appropriate Committees of the House.”

However my understanding from following this issue closely is that this statement is untrue. They were not “carefully considered.” Instead Parliament was misled and bypassed by an arrogant minister.

Firstly: the European Scrutiny Committee which is supposed to review EU legislation was “overridden” by the junior health minister Anna Soubry MP.

Secondly: she failed to follow procedure and talk about her decision with other government departments

Thirdly: Anna, misled the Committee when she told it that e-cigarettes “fell out of the Directive.” E-cigarettes were in the Directive - and sadly remain there.

I think this video clearly demonstrates how ‘careful consideration’ cannot be applied to this matter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cknGCCG-XKU

This has led to an implementation model that is at odds with the advice of Public Health England and ultimately means that for a significant of British tobacco smokers, e-cigarettes will not be a viable substitute.

I would like to thank you for your time and consideration in respect of this matter.

Best regards

Fingers crossed enough of us have done this and thanks for the well laid out first post @ossettbob :)

Sending Chris Grayling an email as we speak. The TPD being authored and actioned by powers beyond our control was bad enough, but this wanton ignorance has to stop quickly and needs to be highlighted aggressively if we want vaping to get a square go.

Back
Top Bottom