What's new

VooPoo Seal 40W MTL Kit Review By Frenkyou

VOOPOO

Manufacturer
VooPoo Seal 40W MTL Kit 1.jpg

VooPoo Seal 40W

Thanks to VooPoo for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

With a nice and very personal style VooPoo presents its new Mod-Pod Kit for MTL with IP66 protection rating, power up to 40W and integrated 1,200mAh battery.
Enjoy the reading.

2.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Packaging:
The small white box shows the front; the brand (VooPoo), the image of this device, the name (Seal), the color indication of this sample (Pine Green) and the main features in the form of icons.

On the back and under the product name are listed; the content, notices, the address of Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd (VooPoo), the place of manufacture (China), references to social links of the brand, icons relating to brands and logos of international approval.

On the edges of the package are shown; icons containing various social links for brand promotion, QR code, product code and scratch & check.

3.jpg

The kit includes:
• Voopoo Seal Mod 40W
• PnP MTL Pod 2ml
• Silicone cover for 2ml PnP-Pod MTL
• Silicone cover for 4.5ml PnP-Pod
• 1.2Ω PnP-TR1 coil
• 0.8Ω PnP-TM2 coil
• USB Type-C cable
• User manual

4.jpg

Kit Specifications:
• IP66 protection degree: Waterproof and dustproof
• Dimensions: 26x26x100mm (Cartridge included)
• Net weight: 72g
• Output: 5-40W
• Mode: VW
• Battery: 1200mAh (internal)
• Capacity: 2ml MTL Pod (included), (4.5ml PnP-Pod available separately)
• Display: 0.54 inch OLED screen
• Supported Resistance Range: 0.3-3Ω
• Auto Draw: (Auto Puff) + Manual Activation (Fire Button)
• USB port: Type C
• Chipset: GENE.TT
• Pod: For replaceable PnP-Coils
• Refil: lower

5.jpg

Colors to choose:
Ash Gray, Tiffany Blue, Dark Brown, Red and Pine Green.

6.jpg

VooPoo Seal; First impressions:
As I anticipated and as you can see, this kit adopts a rather distinctive style with a tapered and very compact body. Seal differs very noticeably from any Pod or Mod-Pod device seen so far. (The image below demonstrates this).
The protective layer of "liquid silicone" effectively protects Seal from minor impacts and offers IP66 protection to resist water and dust.
VooPoo Seal has a 1200mAh internal battery rechargeable via the USB type C port. The range of use is between 5 and 40W and the GENE Chip communicates with a rather bright and detailed 0.54-inch OLED screen. With Seal you can use the Auto Draw mode or manually press the Fire button to vape.

Included in the kit you will find a 2ml MTL PnP cartridge, very similar to the previous 4.5ml RDL / DL version. The interesting feature of Seal is full compatibility with the entire VooPoo circular tank platform. The only limit is the choice of RDL / DL coils to use (Seal is limited to 40W), however you have a wide range of resistors available for MTL / RDL vaping within 40W.
Included in the kit are two silicone covers to protect the cartridge; one cap is for the MTL PnP-Tank (pre-installed) and the other is for the 4.5ml PnP-Tank RDL / DL.
* In case you don't own the 4.5ml PnP Tank you can always buy it separately.

7.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Feeling:
The image below shows how Seal is truly a small and compact device! Seal truly disappears in the palm of your hand! If this image could speak it would tell you how light and pleasant to the touch the material that covers this kit is.

8.jpg

VooPoo Seal; 360 ° look:
Personally I don't find any weaknesses in Seal's appearance which is really well done and proportioned from all points of view, the more I look at it the more I like it! The Drip-Tip on the PnP-PCTG cartridge is fixed, but I don't feel any desire to replace it, for me it is perfect in shape and for MTL use. Even the silicone cover above the pod is well made and adherent, its surface is completely smooth and soft, if you use Seal with the cover inserted, the view on the internal e-liquid level is a little limited and if you want you can remove. The device is still very nice even without this cover.

The body of Seal has a surface with a "lamellar" finish that is very soft and pleasant to the touch like a real anti-stress. On the front you find three soft control buttons that are precise and silent. The button for the manual activation of the puff (Fire) is oval in shape, very well sized in relation to the Mod. The two adjustment buttons "+" and "-" are of classic round shape and are positioned under the display. The 0.54 "display shows all the information useful to the user; graphic level of residual charge, set power, vaping mode, coil value (Ω) and Puff counter.

The AFC mechanism is precise and robust, made entirely of metal. The system is controlled on the back by a knob that acts on a slider capable of opening a maximum air flow rate equivalent to 6 + 6 opposing 1.5mm holes each + a 4x1.5mm slot for the RDL vape. Or you can completely choke the air intake towards the coil for a very restricted MTL vape.

AFC combinations available:
• 12 holes of 1.5mm (6 + 6) + slot 4x1.5mm (RDL)
• 10 holes of 1.5mm (5 + 5) + slot 2mm (RDL)
• 8 holes of 1.5mm (4 + 4) for MTL / RDL
• 6 holes of 1.5mm (3 + 3) for MTL
• 4 holes of 1.5mm (2 + 2) for MTL
• 2 1.5mm holes (1 + 1) for MTL
• 0 holes total closure for restricted MTL

9.jpg

VooPoo Seal; view above and below:
The pod compartment is composed as usual of a metal ring for the magnetic attraction of the cartridge, the metal ring can be disassembled for cleaning and is screwed to the mod using 3 cross screws. On the bottom of the compartment there are the contact pins (Gold plated) and the system for the automatic activation of the Puff (auto-draw).

On the bottom of the device there is a watertight cap to protect the USB port. They are imprinted on the cap; the words GENE Chip, the disposal logo and the C mark E. Opening the cap to refill the device is easy thanks to a side opening in the shape of a fingernail.
After lifting the cap you have access to the charging of the device, the USB-C socket is located inside a real compartment that is screwed to the mod via two cross screws, there is also information on the charging speed (5V 1A) and 3 safety vent holes for the integrated cell.

10.jpg

VooPoo Seal, Integrated battery:
The 1,200mAh battery really surprised me, it recharges in about 80 minutes and I was able to do 335 puffs at 15W with the 0.8Ω coil consuming about 5ml of e-liquid.

11.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Bionic Pod:
The term "bionic" is certainly a beautiful word, which has made its way out of technological jargon with a rich range of lively meanings. Perhaps in this case it is related to the Drip-Tip design for better lip ergonomics and a better MTL experience.

12.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Pod exploded view:
The supplied cartridge has an e-liquid capacity up to 2ml, two sleeves are included in the kit, one (the larger one) is for the classic 4.5ml PnP cartridge used on various VooPoo devices. For the 2ml PnP / Mtl cartridge of this kit you will find two special resistors in the package. As on all other Pnp pod tanks, the coils are inserted from the bottom, the refill is identical to all the other VooPoo pods with a circular design.

13.jpg

14.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Many possibilities:
If you have other pods and VooPoo Mods you can really have fun, personally I don't use the sleeve on the Pod, the device has its charm even without this accessory, plus the visibility of the internal e-liquid level is total.

15.jpg

16.jpg

VooPoo Seal; PnP Coil Platform:
Below all the PnP coils compatible with Seal.

17.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Instructions for Use:
• On / off: Quickly press the Fire button five times.
• Mode Switch: Quickly press the Fire button three times to select "P" (Manual Mode) or "A" Dual Vape Mode (Press the Fire Button or adopt Auto Mode) * For a better experience in Auto Mode, the grip air must be adjusted according to the different Coil.
• Puff Clear: Press the Fire and "-" buttons simultaneously.
• Lock / unlock: Press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously.
• Charging: Supports 5V / 1A charging. It is recommended to use the USB cable provided by VooPoo to charge the device.
• Software Update: Consumers have access to the latest version of the software on the official website (www.voopoo.com), the supplied specific USB Type-C cable is required to connect to the computer. During the update, the side of the type C data line marked with "▲" must downward.

18.jpg

VooPoo Seal; Safety Protections:
• Over operation protection (Cut Off 10s)
• Output overcurrent protection
• Low battery protection
• Maximum power protection
• Over temperature protection
• Overload protection
• Short circuit protection of the atomizer

19.jpg

Final conclusions:
I find the new product from the VooPoo house brilliant, I would say aesthetically very well made, but also quite versatile in use. I like the idea of full compatibility with other VooPoo accessories. I made several tests using the 2ml MTL PnP tank also on the Drag X 18650 and on the new Mod Drag X Plus Special edition by inserting the cartridge in the PnP base with 510 connection.
I must say that on the latter (Drag X Plus Special edition) the coil from 1.2Ω to 12W performs well in MTL and AFC regulation completely closed, of course at this power and with a 21700 cell the autonomy is immense.

I wanted to verify the potential of Seal, i have installed the 4.5ml PnP Tank with a high potential resistor such as the 0.3Ω PnP-VM1. With this combination, the smart function of the chipset automatically sets the power to 35W. Will it be too many watts? I must say that the energy that comes out of this "strange" coupling is impressive and it is what you would not expect! In fact, with the AFC at the maximum degree of opening (12 1.5mm holes + 4x1.5mm slot) it seems to use a Drag!
Logically, the autonomy at 35W is more limited (335 puffs at 15W with the 0.8Ω coil) but I was really amazed at how with a small 1,200mAh battery he managed to do 160 puffs at constant 35W !!.

The AFC adjustment on Seal if it is set with a few open holes allows a good MTL shot with both resistors supplied (0.8 and 1.2Ω). Whit completely closing AFC the Puff becomes logically narrower while remaining fluid and clean without annoying splashes.

I don't like the Auto-Draw System and for it to work properly you need to set the AFC very tightly to generate the correct vacuum that can make this function work smoothly. I much prefer manual activation which by the way is very precise and responsive.

In essence, VooPoo Seal is a really cool entry level kit, which I highly recommend and I'm sure you'll love.
Thanks for reading.

20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom