What's new

Official POTV Abyss cleaning guide link

Thanks I've bookmarked the Dovpo page :)

I was following the "draft" thread and saw Rob adding the Torx5 info but didn't go back to the start where it now says Torx5 (New Version).
Is there a new version of the Torx Head Screwdrivers? (Please excuse me if it's a daft question but google isn't helping)

Hi guys, not sure if any of you have it but I have the Stormtrooper DNA edition and its been decent so far, great vape off the GTX coils but it is leaky. Ive been mopping up under the tank and under the 510 ring every few days to be safe but I cant seem to lift the whole 510 section out like you did on your pic. Any idea if I just need to use more force or if these newer model are maybe sealed on somehow?

Hi guys, not sure if any of you have it but I have the Stormtrooper DNA edition and its been decent so far, great vape off the GTX coils but it is leaky. Ive been mopping up under the tank and under the 510 ring every few days to be safe but I cant seem to lift the whole 510 section out like you did on your pic. Any idea if I just need to use more force or if these newer model are maybe sealed on somehow?
Hi.

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with the Abyss DNA so I’m unable to give you hands on advice.

You would be better directing your query to Suicide Mods who are the designer of the device and also uphold the UK warranty for the device.

Sorry I couldn’t help any further.

Kind Regards Andy

Sorry Andy bit confused, Is the DNA abyss not the same mod with a better chip. If so the answer would be the same as a none DNA version. I am aware there maybe differences in how it is put together but surely the 510 is removeable on both in the same way and the atty is that not the same for both versions. I was going to bid on a Stormtrooper last week but decided against it due to issues about this and that with the OG Abyss.

Sorry Andy bit confused, Is the DNA abyss not the same mod with a better chip. If so the answer would be the same as a none DNA version. I am aware there maybe differences in how it is put together but surely the 510 is removeable on both in the same way and the atty is that not the same for both versions. I was going to bid on a Stormtrooper last week but decided against it due to issues about this and that with the OG Abyss.
Hi Crusty.

In theory yes you could assume that the basic Abyss and the DNA version are identical in every way. That would be my assumption and it would probably be correct.

I’ve stripped the basic Abyss a few times and sometimes it needs a little help to free the plate.

However and I’m sure you’ll appreciate this. I haven’t touched the DNA abyss in fact I’ve not even seen one to have a hold and it would be wrong of me to offer advice on something we’re I can only make assumptions. I will only offer advice on devices I know about.

SM are the designer , the main promoter and warranty holder of the DNA and thus would be more knowledgeable. I’d like to say that SM have reached out to me to supply me with one but unfortunately they haven’t.

Hi Crusty.

In theory yes you could assume that the basic Abyss and the DNA version are identical in every way. That would be my assumption and it would probably be correct.

I’ve stripped the basic Abyss a few times and sometimes it needs a little help to free the plate.

However and I’m sure you’ll appreciate this. I haven’t touched the DNA abyss in fact I’ve not even seen one to have a hold and it would be wrong of me to offer advice on something we’re I can only make assumptions. I will only offer advice on devices I know about.

SM are the designer , the main promoter and warranty holder of the DNA and thus would be more knowledgeable. I’d like to say that SM have reached out to me to supply me with one but unfortunately they haven’t.

Thanks mate appreciate the reply. Part of the problem with joining forces is not all are as good as the other and it leads to issues as with SM not keeping you updated. I think if a pole was run most vapers would be agaist collaborations, some work but most i see issues not to mention the more fingers in the pie the more expensive the product becomes. Will keep watching.

Thanks mate appreciate the reply. Part of the problem with joining forces is not all are as good as the other and it leads to issues as with SM not keeping you updated. I think if a pole was run most vapers would be agaist collaborations, some work but most i see issues not to mention the more fingers in the pie the more expensive the product becomes. Will keep watching.

Totally agree mate, some you win some you lose.

I’d love to throw my honest opinions in, instances like this but I have to wear my Dovpo hat and bite my tongue for the greater good.

Well i can actually answer that direct from Suicide Mods. They said that the 510 section IS sealed in on the DNA version as "Dovpo made some changes to that area of the device in an effort to stop liquid making its way inside". Said what they do recommend is the usual cleanup under the tank and under the 'ring' but also occasionally remove the bottom plate of the mod and make sure no liquid has made its way to the chip.

They also said they would just flat out not recommend using the GTX or the PnP coils as they have had so many customer complaints about them. To be fair I can back that up as I own 4 different versions of the Drag and the PnP coils are sooo goddamn leaky in all of them, which is a shame cause they have such good flavour. I thought the GTX ones would be different but clearly not. I've since switched to one of the EUC ceramic coils and apart from the issue trying to get it to break in, I've had nothing but a tiny bit of condensation in the 510 area. Cant exactly blame the mod or the bridge when its just the coils themselves that are the issue.

Back
Top Bottom