What's new

Site maintenance?

Slower than a slow thing.

Which reminds me....

When I was at school, we had a snail racing league at dinner times. Y'know, fastest over 1 metre kinda thing. Anyway, my snail kept getting beaten and so I came up with an idea...

Less weight=more speed!

So I took my snail's shell off.

But it didn't work, just made it more sluggish.*

*Sorry.

o_O

Slower than a slow thing.

Which reminds me....

When I was at school, we had a snail racing league at dinner times. Y'know, fastest over 1 metre kinda thing. Anyway, my snail kept getting beaten and so I came up with an idea...

Less weight=more speed!

So I took my snail's shell off.

But it didn't work, just made it more sluggish.*

*Sorry.
We didn't have metres when I was a lad....it was all pounds shilling and pence....and I remember when it was all fields as far as the eye could see....

And I could take out our lass for thruppence hapenny and get a seat in the stools and bag of chips and have our bus fare home......

We didn't have metres when I was a lad....it was all pounds shilling and pence....and I remember when it was all fields as far as the eye could see....

And I could take out our lass for thruppence hapenny and get a seat in the stools and bag of chips and have our bus fare home......

I have no idea what you just said :D

I have no idea what you just said :D
That's how we used to talk back in the old days.....

Everything was all black and white and we'd get a Damn good thrashing from out elders and betters, and we were grateful for it

Everything was all black and white and we'd get a Damn good thrashing from out elders and betters, and we were grateful for it

Perhaps if you had phrased it as a bottle of Buckie, a poke of chips and a night out at the flicks :D

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o’clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, eat a clump of coal poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

I used to thing a thrashing was a greeting o how I used to love fields. All you see now are bricks and people starring into funny little boxes in their hands.

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o’clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, eat a clump of coal poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.
Ahhh....good old monty python

Back
Top Bottom